Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

DC2

Members
  • Content count

    11,398
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    107

Everything posted by DC2

  1. And about 90% had 65 years of age. And about 90% had a pre-existing contributory condition mentioned on the death certificate.
  2. Last week I think it was Public Health England who said that 25% did not die “from Covid”, but that still leaves a highly dubious 75%. If a patient on his last legs with cancer contracts a cold and dies sooner than expected, was it from cancer or from a cold? Normally we’d have said from cancer but in this age of Covid we know what it would be if that were involved!
  3. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    Careful, I think you said “Scottish” there.
  4. Isn’t it rather a 99.5% survival rate, compared to 99.75% for flu?
  5. Rather than refer to the last year as unprecedented why don’t we turn it into a precedent and spend £400 billion every year to extend the lives of 100,000 people over the age of 70? Earlier diagnosis and swifter and better treatment of cancer and better funded research springs immediately to mind. And we might be able to afford it if the rest of the population is working! Or do we resort to our 2019 costs benefit analysis and do nothing?
  6. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    Yep, back to the English Super League with 14 other clubs making up the numbers.
  7. Can’t you just connect your door handle to the electric every evening? That should deter them.
  8. Announce that you’re holding a vigil of seven people and you’ll have the entire county force in your Close.
  9. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    You’ve just highlighted the problem. If Southampton or Burnley won the PL it’s not beyond the realms of belief that they could beat Marseille and Dortmund to win promotion to the Super League and they’d then have to finance huge salaries to be able to compete. Just as now, they have neither the crowds nor the merchandising revenue to compete with Man United.
  10. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    They’d have to do what Rangers did in Scotland and start from the bottom, observing the salary caps of the lower divisions.
  11. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    Merit based v money based, that’s the existing problem that the Super League might solve. I see no need at all for it to involve promotion and relegation. It would be a financial elite and they’re welcome to it. It would be madness for the likes of Southampton, Burnley or Norwich to win the PL and be promoted to it only to be relegated and have to continue financing the ridiculous salaries of elite players.
  12. While advocating that everyone else be locked up.
  13. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    It’s for that reason that I thought the Super League a good idea, as long as the clubs were banned from their domestic premier leagues.
  14. Pfizer say they can’t. But the real point, Gem, is that if you get the virus you are likely to suffer much more than those who have been vaccinated, possibly fatally.
  15. From Prof Devi Sridhar who believed Zero Covid to be the only answer: “I'm excited. Booking outdoor lunches & drinks with friends for May. All we need is Scottish weather to cooperate”. Shouldn’t she be locked down in a bunker?
  16. DC2

    Plantar Fasciitis

    Well, you’re eating the right things, just too many of them!
  17. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    You sure? It’s not only the bowls club that plays in black and white stripes!
  18. DC2

    Plantar Fasciitis

    Normally when it’s your round.
  19. That’s something the lockdown merchants can’t get over, that non-lockdown countries haven’t had hundreds of thousands more deaths! How come? Wasn’t the difference between lockdown and no lockdown supposed to be 20,000 compared to 500,000?
  20. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    Oi, don’t forget Westlecot Bowls Club.
  21. DC2

    Plantar Fasciitis

    Although best not in the company of jrs, Tsunami or Iris.
  22. “Covid deaths fall below average daily number killed on roads” Another article on the front page of the Telegraph.
  23. DC2

    Plantar Fasciitis

    Indeed, it is sometimes necessary to bang one’s head against a brick wall to show the terminally stupid the truth.
  24. DC2

    Football 2020/21

    The Daily Telegraph front page shows a photo of some Man U fans outside Old Trafford with a banner that says: “Created by the poor, Stolen by the rich”. What hypocrites!
  25. DC2

    Plantar Fasciitis

    And I stretch my Achilles before running by standing three feet from a wall, leaning forwards with my hands on the wall and then bending my knees twenty times.
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy