British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Addy

"Keeping the roof shut to keep the kettle from

Well beat that one tonight :unsure:

Nice too of Mullard to remind us repeatedly that Bo & Puk have had birthdays and now are 39 & 22 respectively :blink:

and SKY - why don't you show the podium presentations anymore?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Addy

I'm still waiting for, "Neils Iversen, just 5 rides away from next years GP series". It HAS to happen soon. Despite the fact he is actually 7(5 rides, semi and a final).

I'm still waiting for, "Neils Iversen, just 5 rides away from next years GP series". It HAS to happen soon. Despite the fact he is actually 7(5 rides, semi and a final).

Surely they aren't having semis and finals in such an important meeting? A few times already this season in the WC Qualifiers the top rider from 5 rides has finished last in one race and has been denied of the glory he deserves! :mad:

I'm sure the top 2 will only be the top 2 after 5 meaningful rides and not a semi and a final that are pot luck in terms of gate positions? :angry:

and SKY - why don't you show the podium presentations anymore?

Probably because the Speedway keeps running over it's time. Half an hour tonight which put paid to the MotorX programme, but at 9.30pm there was a live boxing match so they wouldn't have gone into that.

Disappointing to us fans, but perfectly understandable.

With 7, YES 7 new threads started allready on tonights GP i didn't know where to post this so it seems apt to post it on this one.

There's never a dull moment with the GP's these days is there ? A bit of everything in there,even saw two sides to Nicki Pedersen tonight. At various times watching i was like this....:P:blink::D:mad::cry:

Couple of good Mullardisms I heard tonight (which my son confirmed as we fell about laughing)

"That'll sort the riders from the crowd"

and

"They've got their fingernails crossed!"

Worthy of Private Eye submission for Colmanballs (which I've already done before anyone else thinks of doing it)

Anyone hear any other good ones?

Millard is top man for me.

He gives so much information. Some of which is new to me despite being a life long speedway fan.

I suspect some of his accidental "funnies" are because he talks so fast and crams so information in.

Pearson isn't bad but doesn't give basic details. When he commentated at Peterborough, I waited and waited for him to mention who the lady start marshall was and he failed to do so all night. Millard would have told you something about her background even prior to HT 1.

Millard and Kelvin are a good team. Of the riders, I rate Johnno and Havvy as the best.

Worthy of Private Eye submission for Colmanballs (which I've already done before anyone else thinks of doing it)

Colemanballs! Someone else who reads Private Eye B)

With 7, YES 7 new threads started allready on tonights GP i didn't know where to post this so it seems apt to post it on this one.

There's never a dull moment with the GP's these days is there ?  A bit of everything in there,even saw two sides to Nicki Pedersen tonight. At various times watching i was like this....

Actually I think there were about 12 but I got fed up merging lol :lol: