Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Back Track issue 3

After a couple of months considering whether I should subscribe I finally did it. The magazine sounds too good to be true.

Can't wait for the first issues to arrive

Yes I'm a thirty something...for a little while anyway.

High standard equalled if not surpassed. For us older Diamonds fans

the article on Joe Owen will bring back memories and tears. Had not

heard about him for ages, pleased to hear his life is going so well.

Is the magazine going to be on sale at all the tracks....have seen it at Edinburgh but not at any other northern tracks

We're trying to organise sales at as many tracks as possible, although with the awful weather of late rain-offs could prevent you picking up a copy.

Why not consider a subscription - it costs £16 for six issues, which is a saving of £2 on the price you'd pay if you bought each issue from a track, and you get it mailed direct to your door.

For your info, though, we are on sale at Northern tracks - Sheffield, Edinburgh, Berwick and now Newcastle.

Scunthorpe? Yes, we'll get around to covering all defunct tracks in time.

In issue 4, there will definitely be a feature on the switch from Nelson to Bradford, when the old Odsal track used to pull 11,000 crowds for league racing each week! Those were the days, eh?

Cheers,

Tony Mac

Just received mine off to get the kids from school now a little early but need to sit quietly in the car and read it cover to cover without interuptions. It's the best magazine I've ever subscribed to apart from here that is, this place is more uptodate than the Speedway Star we just miss the piccies thats all :wink:

Got issue 3 this afternoon (yes the post is slow in this part of the world) and it is just as good as the first 2. Quite emotive reading the Joe Owen and Tommy Jansson articles.

Just a thought though, at the end of the article on Weymouth Brian White makes a throwaway remark that the Poole promotion aren't happy with what he is doing at Weymouth. The buggers should be doing everything in their power to help him, I would like to know why they aren't happy, surely the more successful tracks the merrier.....

Shazzybird decided bladder to close to the eyes again got very emotional reading the Joe Owen write up and then seeing Uncle Teds picture remembering Wimbledon like it was yesterday.

Shazzy having a big gob shouted across the dog track to Unc as he was being chaperoned round with some ol' slap :oops: pretty young lady "UNCLE TED" amazingly (:oops: ) he heard me over the top of all those Ellesmere Port fans for Jacko, he looked over shouted "Hiya Shazz" and this girl next to me said "Is he really your uncle" proud as punch I said "Yep Really" ok so he was never World Champ and he never won the NLRC he made the rostrum each time he went there one 2nd and two 3rds but he was my hero and today I still love him as much. He's had a lot of fans over the year but I think I own the title "#1 fan" :wink:

Thanks Backtrack Editorial Staff and TMC for bringing the 70's/80s back to life for me, I harp on about the past but for anyone who wasn't there .... Unfortunately You Missed Out

tmc,thanks for the issue.Seems like it arrived here on the continent before some at home :D One minor moan about an otherwise excellent publication,the ex-longtrack and speedway world champ is called Egon Müller(or Mueller) but not Muller surely we can spell it right in England by now ;)

I was going to buy this month's copy at Swindon last night, but they were still selling the Kenny Carter edition. Looks like I'll have to wait another week to get it.

TMC take no notice of Iris it's her age :wink::lol: Excellent publication roll on the next one :approve:

Got the latest issue last night at Sheffield..from what ive read so far its superb,as are the first two...I hope Backtrack continues to grow and you get all rewards for publishing a great magazine...God I get misty eyed reading it(oh the memories).

WELL DONE ALL CONCERNED.

As a Sheff fan my fave rider ever is Dougie Wyer but id like to see something about Arnie Haley who was past his best when i saw him in the mid seventies onwards,but everyone tells me how good he was.

Got mine this week from the track shop once again a GREAT read, agree with Marcelle would be nice to read about one Speedway's great characters the Late Arnie Haley, is there any chance.

I've just received the first three issues, thanks Tony..

What a fantastic magazine.

From front to back its superb reading.

Tragedy, on track drama, great races, brilliant matches, the personalities, it covers everything.

Love it and can't wait for number four.

at the end of the article on Weymouth Brian White makes a throwaway remark that the Poole promotion aren't happy with what he is doing at Weymouth. The buggers should be doing everything in their power to help him, I would like to know why they aren't happy, surely the more successful tracks the merrier.....

Too true! It's not as though Weymouth are in the Elite League or ride on the same night and surely Poole are successful enough to help out a little club rather than cause any problems. :sad: