British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Back Track issue 3

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, have read it from cover to cover twice, best speedway mag on the market, only thing is now have to wait an eternity for another issue.

Steve

at the end of the article on Weymouth Brian White makes a throwaway remark that the Poole promotion aren't happy with what he is doing at Weymouth. The buggers should be doing everything in their power to help him, I would like to know why they aren't happy, surely the more successful tracks the merrier.....

Too true! It's not as though Weymouth are in the Elite League or ride on the same night and surely Poole are successful enough to help out a little club rather than cause any problems. :sad:

Yeah I thought exactly the same, after all are not Poole supposed to be the Man Utd of Speedway, how could little old Weymouth cause them any problems. :sad:

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, have read it from cover to cover twice, best speedway mag on the market, only thing is now have to wait an eternity for another issue.

Steve

I thought exactly the same. This magazine will go on forever it has so many areas to cover.

TMC great job you are doing and it really does help re-live those nostalgic years :approve:

Spin king,

I saw several supporters at Weymouth with Poole boards and hats etc a couple of weeks ago. There are differences, Weymouth is small whilst Poole is much bigger and entry costs reflect the league standings. I guess what Poole are worried about is that their regular supporters are now given a choice, some may go to both and some may choose to go to Weymouth instead of Poole regardless of the fact that I bet some Poole supporters come from Weymouth area and were Weymouth fans before that track closed all those years ago. The quiet realisation is that Conference racing is just as exciting and attractive as Elite, its just that the 'star' names are missing and we all know the problems surrounding them in Elite. We are very lucky at Oxford with our 'go ahead' Promoter giving us both Elite and Conference - those that don't go to watch Conference are the ones who miss out!!!

Regards

I'm just surprised that "Man Utd" are fretting over "Stockport" B)

Why not consider a subscription - it costs £16 for six issues, which is a saving of £2 on the price you'd pay if you bought each issue from a track, and you get it mailed direct to your door.

How can I Subscribe?

Jef,

You can subscribe online via our website - http://www.retro-speedway.com - or give us a call on 01708 379 079 to pay using your credit card. Alternatively, post a cheque to our address.

Thanks to all for your very kind comments...

issue 4 is nearing completion and should be out second week of Sept.

Tony Mac

I will be waiting for the Postie from the 8th onwards then in that case :P

The Milkman on holiday then,is he :wink:

I will be waiting for the Postie from the 8th onwards then in that case  :P

could be waiting a long time then... post is a little slow round here (maybe the slow boat hasn't left China) :wink:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...ic=11480&st=120

Is there any chance that I´ll can get a scanned copy of the Tommy Jansson article? It would mean a LOT to me.

I are visiting Tommy Janssons grave quite often and he was the number one for me, for sure not just me then Tommy was alive.

Reagrds

Edited by tarabanko

Why not buy a copy that way you'll have an original to keep :unsure:

Is there any chance that  I´ll can get a scanned copy of the Tommy Jansson article? It would mean a LOT to me.

I are visiting Tommy Janssons grave quite often and he was the number one for me, for sure not just me then Tommy was alive.

Reagrds

I can send you the magazine if you e-mail me your address as someone sent me one and i already have a subscription :D