British Speedway Forum
JT

Championship of Great Britain

Guest dontforgetoturnleft!!

Why not run it in early June/late May with the top two non GP riders getting wild cards for Cardiff?

Guest dontforgetoturnleft!!

Hazzman - is this name formed from your surname because if so it is so similar to mine !!

The name is formed from me first name Harry.

But that idea of the wild cards is good, espically with the Gp's being 16 riders being less Brits involved.

I like the idea of a big Sunday meeting with the kids going in free and the airhorns. It would be nice to have a qualifying system so that all three league riders have a chance of qualification. Make it an all afternoon part evening meeting. I like the idea of the top two getting automatic wild card places for the GP. How about three new bikes one each for the first three riders. And how about the BSPA paying the winner an extra £50 a point for all the rest of his British meetings for his reign as champ. :D

..........How about three new bikes one each for the first three riders.

......... And how about the BSPA paying the winner an extra £50 a point for all the rest of his British meetings for his reign as champ. :D

How about charging SGP or SWC admission prices to cover some of the prizes?

Think I'd watch this on Sky.

The British Final should be ran on a Sunday afternoon at its traditional home at Coventry. The meeting organisers should do their upmost to ensure the meeting is turned into a carnival giving it that carnival special occasion feel, something that has been missing from recent stagings of the British final.

Qualifying rounds should also be ran. Every British rider riding in a team from the Conference upwards should be given an opportunity to race for the British chamionships

The format would go as follows:

About 8 preliiminary rounds on Conference League tracks. Top 4 qualify for the Quarter finals.

3 Quarter finals on Premier League tracks: 16 non qualifying British semi finalists from previous year split into the 3 rounds. Top 5 plus the highest scoring 6th place rider out of the 3 rounds to go through.

2 British semi finals on Elite League tracks. top 8 from each round qualifys through to final. 16 British finalists from last year split into the 2 semi finals.

British final: Top whatever riders to go through in world and European championships. Top 2 non GP finishers to get wildcards at the British Grand Prix.

The British Final should be ran on a Sunday afternoon at its traditional home at Coventry. The meeting organisers should do their upmost to ensure the meeting is turned into a carnival giving it that carnival special occasion feel, something that has been missing from recent stagings of the British final. 

Qualifying rounds should also be ran. Every British rider riding in a team from the Conference upwards should be given an opportunity to race for the British chamionships

The format would go as follows:

About 8 preliiminary rounds on Conference League tracks. Top 4 qualify for the Quarter finals.

3 Quarter finals on Premier League tracks: 16 non qualifying British semi finalists from previous year split into the 3 rounds. Top 5 plus the highest scoring 6th place rider out of the 3 rounds to go through.

2 British semi finals on Elite League tracks. top 8 from each round qualifys through to final. 16 British finalists from last year split into the 2 semi finals.

British final: Top whatever riders to go through in world and European championships. Top 2 non GP finishers to get wildcards at the British Grand Prix.

I like the qualifying format idea. However despite Coventry being the home of Speedway, I hate that track and I think the Final should be hold at Sheffield.

Sheffield, yep I'd go for that, 100% better race track than Coventry ........... unless Mr Sandhu has improved it??