British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lanzilla

So Havvy gets the nod

Dave the Mic...great posting! Couldn't agree more. Whatever happens on Saturday I hope that no-one moans at any of the riders or accuses them of 'losing us the meeting'. Take it as read that they will all be giving 110% and if we win, then amazing and if we don't it's down to a better team beating us rather than any one rider not trying or letting us down.

Dave the Mic...great posting! Couldn't agree more. Whatever happens on Saturday I hope that no-one moans at any of the riders or accuses them of 'losing us the meeting'. Take it as read that they will all be giving 110% and if we win, then amazing and if we don't it's down to a better team beating us rather than any one rider not trying or letting us down.

u bin orf the coider lately Bugs?

this is a bit of a sensible posting eh?????????

how is the wc comin across on the plasma screen in teh sandbanx mansion?

is harry boy still ok??????

for those of u wot don't no wot i'm on about - just walk and keep walking!

my certificate is up for review very soon!!!!!!!

:P

I agree that Havelock is the better choice round Poole than Screen but if the track is like tonight then the quickest way round was riding right up by the fence and Havelock doesn't do that so will just get passed by Gollob, Jonsson etc.

I agree that Havelock is the better choice round Poole than Screen but if the track is like tonight then the quickest way round was riding right up by the fence and Havelock doesn't do that so will just get passed by Gollob, Jonsson etc.

Which is exactly my thoughts and the reason i would have preferred Screen.

Joe is a racer and would use lines that Havvy wouldn't.

As a cynic I clearly remember Havelock calling for the youngsters to be given a chance in the recent British GP, yet I notice he failed to champion their cause for the World Cup :rolleyes:

Having said that I don't envy Middlo's position. IMO in a world cup event he only has three established names to pick the fith spot from. I would go for either Screen, Havelock or Louis as they have the experience, just look at Lindback, Sweden are in the final but in 10 rides he has only finished 5 and was lucky to stay in his third ride tonight.

If current form were the criteria he should pick Louis who is actually averaging 10.22 on current form (last 6) however i agree that Havelock is probably just just about the right choice BUT HE MUST ABANDON the inside line, otherwise racers will just steam by him.

The sad thing is Middlo's reputationwith many will be on the line regarding this. If we win everyone will say "oh well bowled sir you played it well by putting in Havelock" but if we lose or don't come in the top 2 then i suspect they'll be saying "you should have gone with Screen, burn him etc etc"

Regardless I'm looking forward to it! C'mom Team GB or should i say England like Screeny did :oops:

Edited by General Melchitt

To me if a change were needed and Screen really did say he did not fancy it and I don't know why because if the track is the same as tonight it would suit Screen better than Havy.

Havy's last few meetings for team GB have been poor so if it were me I would have gone for Louis with his experience and form of late could have done the job no problem as he is flying at the moment.

I wonder if Screeny should have believed in himself more and ridden in the final. Perhaps he thinks his bikes wouldn't be fast enough, I dunno.

Havvy was in great form earlier on in the season especially around Boro so let's hope he reproduces that.

Good luck to them all, a win for the english boys would be a huge boost. This group of riders have given us so much entertainment over the years and a WTC win would top it all off for them and us!

Is it just me or are people covering their árses by doubting Havvys' ability in this SWC so that if and that is a big IF we lose they can then say "well if so and so had rode maybe........."

Come on stop doubting get behind the boys

COME ON YOU BRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think you hit it on the head shazzy....I didnt give the brits a cat in hells chance on monday and I give em the same odds tonite.....having said that we rode brilliantly so we could be in with a chance but....I dont think so myself.....lol

everything will be against them...from the ref to the track

Krissie you have just done my head right in! I read tonight and thought "she's lost it" then looked at the time :shock:

The reason I'm on here so late is because Tabbys' hubby has set up broadband and a pc in my bedroom, these people are the best, although #2 son has been a pain (being an understatement :cry: ) they have made my stay really enjoyable. I've met up with some fantastic people since I've been here. I would recommend Poole to everyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Many thanks Tabby and Hubby for looking after and spoiling us totally, showing us around, taking us to Monkey World and everything else you've done, you truly are fantastic people. xxxxxxxxx

Edited by shazzybird

Krissie you have just done my head right in! I read tonight and thought "she's lost it" then looked at the time :shock:

The reason I'm on here so late is because Tabbys' hubby has set up broadband and a pc in my bedroom, these people are the best, although #2 son has been a pain (being an understatement :cry: ) they have made my stay really enjoyable. I've met up with some fantastic people since I've been here. I would recommend Poole to everyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Many thanks Tabby and Hubby for looking after and spoiling us totally, showing us around, taking us to Monkey World and everything else you've done, you truly are fantastic people. xxxxxxxxx

So let's get this right Shazz - you are fonder of Tabby than certain other forum members, is that right? ;):D

:oops: I tried really hard to word it so that nobody was offended by the posting but having said that Tabby and Hubby have as I've already said been fantastic hosts since Wednesday, if anyone else would like to contend for the "Title" :wink: I am willing to travel and stay for a week or two :wink: at there abodes. I feel sure though that Tabby will advise no kids :oops: I too would be grateful if that is part of the contract :approve: Edited by shazzybird

I'm sure no-one has taken offence Shazz, but as you mentioned it, how do you fancy a couple of weeks in sunny Kent? :wink::D

taking us to Monkey World

did Tabby have to pay to get you out too? :rolleyes: