British Speedway Forum

Guest cheetahhawk

Just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who contributed to the recent collections at Workington,Oxford and Eastbourne.All three were good collections and your generousity is very much appreciated by everyone connected with the Benevolent Fund. :):approve:

all tracks must hold a compulsory collection once per season

Thanks Bernard, this is a very interesting fact. Perhaps the Speedway Star could print a list of which tracks DID have collections and how much was collected, I was certainly not aware of this.

Count me in for a T-shirt too!.

Count me in for a T-shirt too!.

It's a money spinner :approve: I'll have one and maybe could flog a few within the family as well to raise funds. :D

A note 2 say thank you to all that donated to the SRBF collection at swindons p&p

yesterday a grand total of £1366.00 was collected :rolleyes:

many thanks again :rolleyes:

Bernard Crapper and the srbf trustrees

Edited by sirmatty

A note 2 say thank you to all that donated to the SRBF collection at swindons p&p

yesterday a grand total of £1366.00 was collected  :rolleyes:

many thanks again :rolleyes:

Bernard Crapper and the srbf trustrees

Nah, you're never Bernard. He knows how to spell! :lol::P

Just wondering who gets the money raised?

I know a rider who is Disabled who has got Nothing and even has too pay FULL price to enter some tracks? is this the right way to treat ex riders who have become Disabled, or should these promotors be named and shamed ?

if the rider concerned gets in touch with bernard crapper thru the bspa/sbrf then he can look in 2 it further

thanks

ok thanks, i will ask him to write in to bernard but i do know that when he became very ill the bspa were asked about help for this rider but even though several riders & a top ref wanted to support this rider the bspa said NO they cant help.

thanks again for your message i will put him in touch with bernard.

I know a rider who is Disabled who has got Nothing and even has too pay FULL price to enter some tracks? is this the right way to treat ex riders who have become Disabled, or should these promotors be named and shamed ?

Louisec,

Was this rider hurt when riding abroad?

the money goes to riders injured while riding.

i got £150 per month in 1990 when i broke my thigh.

not sure how someone would go about claiming if the disability is not a direct result of racing.

not sure ME would be classed as a problem brought on by racing... worth a call to the people running it though

Badge Wearer,

I will pass your comment on to Bernard Crapper as soon as I see him next.

Any chance of coming up with dates for when the SRBF collections will be taking place around the country? Last year three times I got to tracks only to hear announced that there would be a collection that night......like many others I like to give to the fund but don't generally carry much more money than I need for admission, food etc. Some advance notice of the collection would mean a nice big pile of change heading into the nearest rider's helmet cover!

Sounds like a great idea. I'll ask Bernard Crapper when the collections are due and where and post them on here when I know. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure the SRBF will appreciate it. :)