Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Guest cheetahhawk
Any chance of coming up with dates for when the SRBF collections will be taking place around the country? Last year three times I got to tracks only to hear announced that there would be a collection that night......like many others I like to give to the fund but don't generally carry much more money than I need for admission, food etc. Some advance notice of the collection would mean a nice big pile of change heading into the nearest rider's helmet cover!

As far as I know the collections for the SRBF will be at:

Somerset 19th August.

Workington 20th August (the PL 4's meeting)

Swindon, ELRC not sure of the date yet as I think this date has been changed from 21st August to the 28th August. When I find out for sure I will post the date.

Not sure about tracks own collections. We have been asked to do some other tracks collections but are waiting for confirmation on dates.

We are going to be at the Isle of Wight on the 9th August(King's Lynn meeting) so get your cash out folks. ta very much in advance.

Edited by cheetahhawk

Guest cheetahhawk

Just to let you all know there will be SRBF collection at Sheffield on Sunday,the PLRC.

Look out for us, the collectors in our bright yellow shirts and hats.

Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Guest Jim Blanchard

Hi,

I would like to donate the #5 copy of my latest print "The Wroclaw Warrior' Tomasz Gollob to the fund. The number 5 is sigificant as that was his race number that night of the final. It is from a limited edition of a numbered 250 copies. I am not sure what method you want to go about raising it but I can leave that to you. Just advise me where you want it sending to.

JimB

Hi,

I would like to donate the #5 copy of my latest print "The Wroclaw Warrior' Tomasz Gollob to the fund. The number 5 is sigificant as that was his race number that night of the final. It is from a limited edition of a numbered 250 copies. I am not sure what method you want to go about raising it but I can leave that to you. Just advise me where you want it sending to.

JimB

just sent a personal message with bernard crappers contact details

cheers

jim

did you manage to get hold of bernard re the print donation??????

great print jim just been to the post office to collect

will pass on to bernard for the srbf who will be in touch

cheers :D:D

Jim Blanchard is auctioning a signed 'photo' of Scott Autrey on Ebay.

Link Here

All proceeds will go to the Benevolent Fund

How far in advance are collections planned?

I only ask because I have had a jar of coppers in my room for over a season now and it's a little too heavy to take every meeting in hopes. :rolleyes:

Guest Steve Dixon

I only ask because I have had a jar of coppers in my room for over a season now and it's a little too heavy to take every meeting in hopes. :rolleyes:

As far as i know, each EL team has to have 2 a year, when is up to them.

Guest cheetahhawk

shortoi, I posted on this subject a few posts back(post number 46 and 47 I think).

All tracks do have a collection every year and the promoters choose their collection dates.There are also about six extra collections at the bigger type of meetings.eg Championship of Great Britain or the Fours and Pairs meetings.

It is fairly common practice for a lot of tracks to hold their collections in August,during children's school holidays so that would be the best time to take your extra cash along if you wish.

This year we have had some really good collections and would like to thank everyone who has contributed.Those buckets get really heavy with all that money in them and I know that every penny is gratefully received by the Benevolent Fund.

Hopefully next season I will be able to get an advanced proposed list of collection dates so you can look out for us lot in our yellow tee shirts and baseball caps.

I will post any known dates on here as soon as I know them.

Can someone confirm, if I wanted to send a cheque to the SRBF, I would send it to...

The Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund,

ACU House,

Wood Street,

Rugby,

Warwickshire.

CV21 2YX

YES, I just said so on the Mildenhall vs IoW thread!