British Speedway Forum
Middlo

Jimmy Squibb R.I.P.

Heard some sad news Jimmy Squibb passed away yesterday.He had been suffering from Parkinsons disease for some time. Myself and my family send our condolences to his son Barry and their family. Always remember Jim when i first started to race I was 16 he was over fifty then I think, and he was keeping me out of the Eastbourne team! We had a crash together and poor old Jim broke his arm, got my team spot then!! He never held a grudge thank god cos he was a big guy!! A great character very tough rider awesome round the county ground he will be sadly missed. I am sure their will be some forum members who remember him racing.Good on ya Jim, sleep well my friend.

Middlo

Sorry to hear that.. He was one of the sports big names in his time, I know he left many great memories of him behind. That was his gift to all. Thoughts and sympathy to his family...

I'm sorry to hear this too.

I remember Jimmy riding for Plymouth in 1962 - I think he was over 50 then. He was a big draw at Meadowbank.

Funny the things you remember, though. I think he was one of only two bearded riders in the league - Wolverhampton's Tommy Sweetman was the other. I also recall that he was from Cadnam, in the New Forest.

RIP Jimmy.

Guest clivehitch

sorry to hear about Squibbo.As a nipper in sarf London i remember him being the star name for New Cross when they closed in 1963.R.I.P

So sorry to hear this news. I well remember Jimmy from the days of Old Meadowbank, Edinburgh and the Provicial League - it must have been some drive up from the South of England in those days.

RIP

I remember him riding for Plymouth and at New Cross. Good hard rider who must of scared the life out of other riders with his devilish looks. :lol::lol:

:blink::blink:

I remember Jimmy from his Canterbury days and am saddened by the news.

RIP Jimmy

and condolences to his family and friends.

So sorry to hear this. Jimmy was a great servant of the sport. We were joking on the "Rode for" thread a little while ago about how Jimmy seemed to have ridden for every team in the country!

I remember him particularly at New Cross. He was unbeatable round the frying pan in 1963. A sad loss and my condolences to all his family and freinds.

Just phoned my Dad and told him the sad news, all of our family knew Jimmy well. Met Barry at Rallycross a few years ago and he was his dads double.

xx Sincere thoughts are with Jimmys family and friends from all the Hubbard family xx

Guest cheetahhawk

Sincere condolences to Jimmy's family and friends from all my family.

I remember seeing Jimmy riding at Canterbury .

I watched Jimmy every Tuesday at Banister Court from 1950 until the sad closure of Southampton.

Middlo says he was "a tough rider" and I cannot disagree with that comment . He gave the supporters value for money and was a stalwart of a great and much loved team.

My condolences to his family.

RIP Squibby.