10. Andrea Maida (Italy) 7

11. Marko Vlah (Croatia) 5

12. Primož Klenovšek (Krŝko) 4

13. Daniele Tessari (Italy) 3

14= Aleŝ Kraljiĉ (Ljubljana) 1

14= Damir Luĉiĉ (Lendava) 1

14= Goran Soboĉan (Lendava) 1

Finals with championship points earned in brackets:

D : Tessari (4) Kraljiĉ (3) Luĉiĉ (2) Soboĉan (1)

C: Legan (9) Klenovšek (8 ) Maida (7) Vlah (6)

B: Kolenko (14) Dolinar (13) Pavlic (12) Terenzani (11)

A: Žagar (20) Šantej (18 ) Ŝtojs (16) Glavan (15)

The highlight of the meeting, which took part in glorious sunshine, was to see Jura Pavlic, who I was reliably told is only 14 years old, beat previously unbeaten stars Žagar and Kolenko in consecutive heats (8 and 9). Žagar pulled alongside at the start of lap two but the youth didn’t succumb to the pressure whilst Kolenko overtook Pavlic only for him to retake the British Elite League rider on the next pair of bends on the 398 metre track. Pavlic was the only rider to head Žagar after bend two in any race, if my memory serves me right, and he comfortably won the meeting after the early shock.

14???!!!!!!!!

Flippin' 'eck!

I now feel old :cry:

Are all age limits/restrictions rigid in speedway or is it like football when you can in extreme cases apply for special dispensation?

Guest Andy123

Kolenko done poorly considering he is supposed to be one of their better riders, didn't he. :roll:

Are all age limits/restrictions rigid in speedway or is it like football when you can in extreme cases apply for special dispensation?

There's no special dispensation for age in speedway (in the UK anyway) so the riders have to lie about their age - step forward Kelly Moran and Mitch Shirra. ;-)

There's no special dispensation for age in speedway (in the UK anyway) so the riders have to lie about their age - step forward Kelly Moran and Mitch Shirra. ;-)

But different national federations have their own rules.

I think Ryan Fisher got dispensation to ride at senior level a year early in the States beacause:

a) he was too good for the other under 16 riders and

B) the nearest junior programme was 500 miles away at Auburn (Costa Mesa had no junior races)