British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

ANDERS MICHANEK - BIG exclusive!

I loved Anders' description of the time he got excluded for bringing off Peter Collins. 'I didn't touch him... well, maybe moved his leg a little bit.'

As did my husband, who was a huge fan of Anders and not such a huge fan of PC.

Edited by Trees

I always reckoned Anders to be one of the smoothest, most stylish riders that I have ever seen. I well recall the race off at BV for the Knock out cup. The match ended up all square and should really have been run again, but the Reading track at Smallmead had closed down, so that was out of the question. I thought it extremely sporting for the Reading management to agree to a one-off match race because it would always favour the home rider. Perhaps a deciding match on a neutral track would have been fairer, but it was probably too late in the season. Never the less that race-off was a tremendous affair. There was so much passing it almost made one suspect that it was a "Fix", like the wrestling used to be in that era. It is one race that I will never forget.