British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shazzybird

Canterbury Crusaders

Almost a year ago today, I asked a question in the speedway forum that last count had 10 pages on it, unfortunately we have to start all over again so here goes.........

Are there any other ex-Canterbury Crusader fans in this forum?

Almost a year ago today, I answered a question in the speedway forum that last count had 10 pages on it, unfortunately we have to start all over again so here goes.........

Yes :lol:

I wasn't a Canterbury Fan but I can remember many times standing on the terraces of the old Kingsmead Stadium.

Mum and Dad used to take us when we were on holiday at the family Caravan in Herne Bay.

lol did we have a terraces???????

I can remember the bends, the stand and the shed on the back straight but no terraces ;-)

And where is Honey no spoke to him for ages getting withdrawel symp from him now lol

He's here!!!

Ahhhh...Shazzy getting cold turkey cause we haven't spoken for a while...

must be lust :P

Count me in on this one! Canterbury on Sat night brings back lots of memories for me, (around the 70 - 78 era). It was a good place to take a (new) young lass for a night out. Who said I dont know how to show a girl a good time? The grit in the hair etc, meant a few didn't want to go back for more. :)

The grit in the hair etc, meant a few didn't want to go back for more.  :)

No loss sidecar - the one's who did go back clearly had more character and were worth it. ;-)

The grit in the hair etc, meant a few didn't want to go back for more.  :)

No loss sidecar - the one's who did go back clearly had more character and were worth it. ;-)

Hey It was never a good night unless you were plastered whilst watching the speedway and then plastered afterwards!! ;)

Well I am still a Canterbury supporter,no suitable replacement yet.Would never support 'The olde enemy' despite Mark Loram being part of their mob. Still on the Track Staff at Arena but only do that to keep my eye in and because its the only decent viewing point now from the centre green.

Well I am still a Canterbury supporter,no suitable replacement yet.

Me too! Like most people, I half believed all the rubbish about the Sturry Road track, only to be disappointed when nothing happened. Having spent the intervening years making occasional visits to Arena, Rye House and now Wimbledon, I'm hoping that the plans come to fruition at Iwade so I'll have a regular team to support again.

I must admit I go to Eastbourne every now and then, when one of my family decide they are gonna take a toddle down there I scrounge a lift, seeing as I now have three sprogs and only one is old enough to stand there and watch without want want want all the time whilst I'm trying to enjoy the racing! Other than that I tend to watch SKY and follow from home! except of course for my yearly trip now down to Cardiff. Mind you the Canterbury fans will not be impressed to learn that last time I went to Arlington I was bloody frozen and my dear old "daddy" bought me a new coat with oops dare I say Eastbourne Eagles plastered all over it and even worse I wore it! There and @ Cardiff!!!! Sorry peeps needless to say though if Mark changed tracks I would just have to change coats too! (still got my Canterbury Jacket though hmmmmm maybe I should dig it out again for old times sakes!!)

Mind you the Canterbury fans will not be impressed to learn that last time I went to Arlington I was bloody frozen and my dear old "daddy" bought me a new coat with oops dare I say Eastbourne Eagles plastered all over it and even worse I wore it!

You have one chance to redeem yourself Shazzy - that will be on November 5th.

And remember Barney scares you - and he won't be impressed! ;-)

"daddy" bought me a new coat with oops dare I say Eastbourne Eagles plastered all over it

You never told me that!!!! :x

I'm ashamed of you.

I was going to tell you that I have sorted my ticket for Coventry but I think it might be winging it's way back again.

Kevin has the best idea... Nov 5th. Would look mighty fine on a bonfire.

I still have my Canterbury jacket hanging up in my garage with my leathers and racejackets

I thought you may have forgotton that there is a meeting at Iwade on the 23rd February 2003! Spread the word speedway is back in Kent! With the weather on our side-spoken to Dick Jarvis he arranged sun with sun tropical heat- we should be in for a cracker!!! More details at www.hackneyhawks.co.uk