Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shazzybird

Canterbury Crusaders

[ my dear old "daddy" bought me a new coat with oops dare I say Eastbourne Eagles plastered all over it and even worse I wore it! There and @ Cardiff!!!! Sorry peeps needless to say though if Mark changed tracks I would just have to change coats too! (still got my Canterbury Jacket though hmmmmm maybe I should dig it out again for old times sakes!!)

Shazzybird,

How dare you even think about putting on a coat from our most hated enemy,'them down on the coast', can't even bring myself to mention the name,get yourself a Mark Loram jacket for goodness sake! Don't ware it to Sittingbourne as the' Archbishop of Canterbury' will be spitting blood,if he spots it.Mentioned the 'E' word in front of him by mistake last week at the track and he went ballistic! :shock: :evil:

If Shazzy wears that coat to Iwade I think we will be having November 5th just a little bit early don't you Ian?

Guest cheetahhawk
If Shazzy wears that coat to Iwade I think we will be having November 5th just a little bit early don't you Ian?

Well that would be one way of keeping us all warm wouldn't it :?: :lol:

Well that would be one way of keeping us all warm wouldn't it

Good thinking CH and perhaps we could BBQ some sausages over her too.

Good thinking CH and perhaps we could BBQ some sausages over her too.

No need to bring our own sausages either Kevin, the porker would already be there.

yes Shazz, I do mean you

Oi you lot talking about me as if I wasn't here! :-( I did say that I was cold @ that "E" place, please don't burn it though as my little one will probably be wearing it, I wouldn't dare in front of Crusader fans. Saying that though have offered a few times to let Tomo (no.1 son) borrow it and he always declines the offer. Hmmmmmm perhaps he has taste after all!!

I would wear my Canterbury one for old times sake but it will be bloody freezing as normal @ Iwade so I wont be very warm will I?

Paul....... How can we forget about Iwade, been looking forward to it since November and if it dared cancelled for any reason now heads will roll!!! ;)

I've got to go to Canterbury tomorrow. I'm appearing in the Crown Court....as a witness.

Take a look at the Kingsmead site if you get time Norbold - It'll bring a tear to your eye. :cry:

Hi everyone, thought I better check out this new sight. Iwade sounds like it will be a great day. Ran into Darryl Simpson up at Mildura last week, just happened to bump into him up at the bar. which was the best place to be as it got up to 110 deg that day. Sam (son) raced in the juniors that afternoon & was stuffed after his 5 rides. Hey Shazz, could have done with that jacket of yours as it got down 90 at 3am. Days like that I wish I was back in Canterbury, in the Mill House Pub. Is that still there???

Cheers Mark

Glad to see you found the forum Mark... and yes last time I see it the Mill House was still standing! It's funny the things you miss and one of them is the summer nights playing bat/trap @ the Mill House!! and of course speedway on a Saturday :cry:

Bringing back memories now. Played my 1st ever game of bat & trap at the Mill House. Use to board with the Goughs, about 300 yards behind the pub. Great Days

C ya Mark

Where is the Mill House pub - I've never heard of it.:oops:

Top of St Martins hill opposite where Nobby Tilbury used to live in Querns Road. Old Crusader Jake Rennison used to be Landlord some time ago.

St Martins Hill is on the road to Sandwich as you go out of the City past the old Crown Court and Prison.

Norbold,

If the court case had anything to do with Wally Mawdsley, I hope he was

found guilty of causing all the loyal Canterbury supporters many years of bitterness without our super Saturday nights at dear old Kingsmead. :cry:

Where is the Mill House pub - I've never heard of it.:oops:

Top of St Martins hill opposite where Nobby Tilbury used to live in Querns Road. Old Crusader Jake Rennison used to be Landlord some time ago.

St Martins Hill is on the road to Sandwich as you go out of the City past the old Crown Court and Prison.

Yep. I know it - I used to drink in there during my college days would you believe.:oops: