Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SCORPIO

Centre Of British Speedway

I dare say in Speedway's 76 year history there has been many a debate on who won etc because of "Home Track Advantage".

Perhaps now is the time for Speedway to build a track entirely fit for the purpose of being the Showpiece of British Speedway capable of holding ALL the major events.

To make it a true Centre of British Speedway, an adjoining building or incorpated into the design of the Stadium, space for a British Speedway & World Of Speedway Museum.

Just take a look at all the "Big" events in British Speedway.......

Speedway Grand Prix, ELRC, EL Pairs, EL Play Off 1, EL Play Off 2, EL Play Off Final, PLRC, PL Pairs, PL Fours, CLRC, CL Pairs, CL Fours.

The Championship Of GB.

The KOC for all Leagues could all be made into a 20 heat "spectacular" as the KOC Final.

Plenty to keep it going through the Summer and to keep it in use during the Winter, hire it out as a corporate venue also hire it out for Concerts etc.

Before all the knockers come on board, i think it's a fantastic idea. :approve:

So do I, but it should be sited where most of us can get to it without suffering the agonies of getting into and out of London. Decent road, rail and air links are essential. Birmingham? Manchester? (no...too wet), Bristol?

Can't think past Manchester guys. It'd be too far from Cornwall.

:lol:

Guest secondsigning

Sorry to say it, but I did suggest that we look to somewhere within the NEC Site, the centre green could be used for other attractions - an outdoor horse of the year show, military and pop outside concert venue - the possibilities are endless.

BUT who is going to foot the bill, and who would be a suitable person or persons to run it on behalf of the British Speedway Public and the governing authorities ? BSI? I very much doubt it. SKY? Highly unlikely The BSPA or SCB themselves? No money and they can't run the set up they have got succesfully.

Guest clivehitch

Mylor..i used to live in Kernow..never seen so much rain in all my life!!

Mylor..i used to live in Kernow..never seen so much rain in all my life!!

Ahh.........but it's warmer in the winter than up country.

:lol:

Still no sign of any speedway though!!

:sad:

This an excellent idea, the one thing that gets my goat is the home advantage, the concerts would generate money as well.

Guest clivehitch

dON'T MENTION GOATS WITH THE CORNISHMAN AROUND!!!

Guest bispham_seasider

Its a great idea in theory but presumably in reality is a non-starter unless theres someone with millions of those lovely british pounds to spare. We can dream though - to hold all major events there at a neutral national speedway stadium all the Elite, Premier and Conference League main matches. Play Off Finals, Knockout Cup finals. And with a dedicated training track producing the young British GP winners of the future. Damn I just woke up.

Damn I just woke up.

At least someone has.

The money could be better spent training up the youngsters, not build a nice stadium to be used a dozen times a year!