British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

BEST SPEEDWAY BOOK EVER

NL90? i remember that book - it was brilliant :)

i bought it when i was in my teens (many moons ago now sadly!) - that was the one with the bright yellow cover and the title in huge red letters?

i remember wondering what the riders thought if / when they read what he'd said about them!

while Mr Callaghan's book is about the PL, mine is a personal story about last season. lots of people from all over the country have commented on how theyve enjoyed reading it (including a certain Glasgow Speedway promoter who shall remain nameless! :shock: ).

of course, ive also got some 'controversial' comments included (i prefer to call them 'honest' but not to worry!) but no death threats as yet :neutral:

Mike Hunter has mentioned handing over the responsibility for the Edinburgh programme at some point in the near future but, like Mr Callaghan, i'd prob get banned pretty quickly so i wont be the one taking over!!

Just to say a big, big thanks to the hundreds of you who have already pre-ordered your copy of the book within the first few days of publicity breaking.

The phone lines have been red-hot and thanks for your patience when calling.

By the way, you can call outside normal office hours, too. If I'm not around to take your call personally, then please just leave a clear message - name and phone number - and we'll return your call as soon as poss.

Cheers,

Tony Mac

Guest Sir Lunchalot

tmc, when I ordered my copy I'm sure the website said "No P & P"

Now I see by your post that it's only P & P free within the UK. How much for Oz ?

(By the way I probably missed the "UK only" bit so don't fret on my behalf !!)

Guest Napoleon

This one could be a really good read. So many books are a poor re-hash of Speedway Star and Mail reports down the years. If Mr Berry is on form then it will be good value.

Speedway could do with some promoters of his calibre today!

Got mine today. Thanks Tony. Haven't read it yet but it looks very well produced.

Looking forward to reading mine. Cut out the advert for my husband to find for a xmas present, I know he has ordered it online. Will read it at work on Xmas day :approve:

You working on Christmas Day, Jo?

At the moment but it could change :rolleyes: As long as I'm home for the review of 2004 :D Kids don't mind me working, means they can open their presents before 7am :rolleyes:

Well, my book has arrived. I didn't mean to open the parcel, honest :rolleyes:

i think mine might've arrived this morning but i guess i'll find out when i get home (our posties are a right lazy shower up here!).

was a wee bit worried cos i ordered it online and it said something about "we'll be in contact soon" but i heard nothing. then i got my visa bill on thurs / fri and it mentioned "football promotions" or whoever - thought my dad had been ordering more coaching manuals :rolleyes:

look forward to reading it though :)