Jason.C

5 Nominees for 2005 GP Series

I think the nominees will be:

Lee Richardson

Scott Nicholls

Bjarne Pedersen

Hans Andersen

Ryan Sullivan

IMO even if Loram was offered the place, he wouldn't take it. He doesen't seem to bother with the GP's anymore. Excellent league form, but just doesen't bring it into the GP's.

Think Nicholls for certain should be given another chance after an injury plagyed start to the series. We need at least 2 Brits so Richardson gets my vote.

Think Bjarne has rode really well this year, deserves a place. GP win should sway it.

Same with Hans, came good towards the end and was unlucky to get a qualification spot.

Sullivan I think deserves another chance. Disastrous season for his standards and deserves another chance.

What are your thoughts?

I think they should go from 9-13 as they finished this year so it would be:

Hans Andersen

Bjarne Pedersen

Lee Richardson

Scott Nicholls

Ryan Sullivan

Hans: has had a good form towards the end of the season, winning a GP will definitely help his cause.

Bjarne: ditto Hans

Lee: close to being in the top 8. Started the season well but has gradually slipped away towards the end. Shows what he is capable of in some heats but can't get it together in others.

Scott: injuries at the beginning will help him, as he would have been in the running for a top 8 position if he hadn't have been injured.

Ryan: has had a nightmare of a season. I think it didn't help coming into Poole after the start of the season. Last night before his crash, he was showing his class and he would have gone further in the meeting if he had not been for the accident.

I agree with 9-13 being picked! They are the next best 5 riders in the world so its only right they should get chosen!

Much as Mark is my favourite rider, got to agree with 9-13 and the five named above as being fairest.

(Would be great to see Floppy in there for entertainment value though).

Guest richtea78
Shows what he is capable of in some heats but can't get it together in others.

Or to put it another way if he makes the gate he does well - if he doesnt he gives up. I still think Dryml will get a wild card and possibly Holta as well.

I agree with 9-13 being picked! They are the next best 5 riders in the world so its only right they should get chosen!

I agree that the next 5 in the standings seem to be the best riders to include.

It's just a shame that BSI decided to still run qualifiers this year as I think that numbers 14 and 15 in the current standings would be better than the two that made it through.

Scotty

Lee

Hans Andersen

A czheck, maybe Lukas because U21 champ

Rune Holta if they are, which they probably are, riding in Hamar

No way they'll give it to Bjarne and Hans both. Check your SS front pages and think which one would be better for speedway, Bjarne or Hans? Which gives better topics?

I think the nominees will be:

Lee Richardson

Scott Nicholls

Bjarne Pedersen

Hans Andersen

Ryan Sullivan

I think your top 4 are right but I think Holta will get the 5th place.

Edited by Rob B

Lee Richardson

Scott Nicholls

Hans Andersen

Definite starters for next year if the BSI advertising for Cardiff and Parken 2005 is anything to go by... see the front page of http://www.speedwayworld.tv/ all 3 riders mugshots are featured...

PARKEN is also confirmed as venue for Danish GP

So two left... can't see Dryml getting it on 2004 form and Marketa would still be packed even without home support for a Czech rider. Czechs do not have many travelling fans and there will still be a wild card for the home event anyway, so I don't see that Dryml will put bums on seats.

Bjarne may not do that either, but Ole has a possible 2nd Danish GP next year and Bjarne's win this year makes him a hotter prospect than most. I think the final vote will go to Ryan Sullivan -

Holta - too inconstant this year and like Dryml, the other rounds will easily survive without him and he could be home Wildcard in Norway if they make the mistake of using Hamar again.

PLEASE BSI - give us a fitting final round at a permanant track!

Lee Richardson

Scott Nicholls

Hans Andersen

Definite starters for next year if the BSI advertising for Cardiff and Parken 2005 is anything to go by... see the front page of http://www.speedwayworld.tv/ all 3 riders mugshots are featured...

Mark Loram is also used in the advert, though it's not quite as obvious.

Lee Richardson

Scott Nicholls

Hans Andersen

Mark Loram is also used in the advert, though it's not quite as obvious.

Hans Andersen - A dead cert, two podium finshes including a win and the second highest scoring Dane in the series and he puts bums on seats. If anything he has heaped pressure on Bjarne who is probably sweating now.

Lee Richardson - A dead cert, has to be a Brit in the series, he was the highest finishing Brit.

Ryan Sullivan - Virtual cert, has been consistenly at the top of the series for years and has had a disasterous 2004. He will come good again next season.

As for the restm, any two from:

Bjarne Pedersen - No means a certainty, will be a third Dane in the series and this could look bad on Ole if he is selected. However if there is a second Danish GP then his selection would be almost guaranteed.

Runa Holta - Had a poor season but improved right at the end. If there is a round in Norway, it would seem likely he will get a permanent place. If there isn't a Norwegian GP (and after Saturday looking at the crowd size and the state of the track) then I doubt he will be selected.

Scott Nicholls - Blighted by injury, but selection not as certain as Richardson. Cardiff being the jewel in the GP crown may just sway it.

Michael Max - Two GP's in Sweden could sway it for him.

Pepe Protasiewicz - Already three Poles asured of a place in the series, he's a gonner.

Mark Loram - Being beat by Forland in Norway probably ended any slim chance he had of being in next years series.

Kenneth Bjerre - Is first reserve in next years series, if Rickardson (or anyone else in the top eight) decides to retire from the series (it is possible), will he get the call, thereby ending Bjarne's case?

My guess:

Andersen, Sullivan, Richardson, Nicholls and Holta.

My guess:

Richardson 'cos no Brits qualified automatically.

Nicholls 'cos of the same reason as Rico.

Hans Andersen 'cos hes the top finishing Dane outside of auto qualification.

Lukas Dryml cos otherwise there won't be any Czechs in the series.

Holta cos hes the only decent Norwegian.

Of course we might only get one Brit, cos BSI might be tempted to give Zagar a place which would mean that every country with a GP is represented. I Think.

Checks:

Australia: Crump*, Adams*

Czech Rep: Lukas Dryml

Denmark: Nicki Pedersen*, Andersen

GB: Richardson

Norway: Holta

Poland: Gollob*, Hampel (was robbed!)*, Chrzanowski*

Slovenia: Zagar

Sweden: Rickardsson*, Jonnson*, Lindback*

USA: Hancock*

* = Qualified by right.

Edited by Shalewhale

Lukas Dryml cos otherwise there won't be any Czechs in the series.

We are talking about the best riders in the world though and if they haven't got one then tough.

That is another arguement entirely.

I was offing an opinion based on a concept. ie, BSI might want a rider from each country they have a GP in.