British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Joshua Auty - U15 British Champion

I saw the guy at Scunthorpe...he was flying! This guy has a LOT of potential!

Josh has certainly taken to our racetrack and at the opening individual his demonstration four laps were only better by Carl Wilkinson in the meeting.

On Sunday his best second-half winning time (Ididn't hear what his other two were) was only bettered by Paul Cooper (three times).

This is what I have been saying all along, you have to see him riding in flesh to appreciate how good he really is.

Have to say that he does not get the press that he should, come the guy is a British Champ.

In fairness to the rest of the talented young riders around I'd like to say that at the U-15 trials there were other really good riders. Admittedly starts were being done with a flag but a couple of riders headed Joshua and he didn't always manage to find a way past. Joshua is a fabulous talent and I believe there is even an opportunity open for someone to be his main sponsor.

However, it's not fair for British speedway to pin all our hopes on him. There are other young riders who will also make it to the Elite League and there are a lot of factors involved, only one of which is talent, in deciding which riders make it to the very top of the sport.

Well said Scunny Stag!

I mean Josh is an excellent rider and he is a nice lad and everything but don't forget he may not be the only person that has a talent at this sport.I see him ride every Thursday at Sheffield in the second halves and he really does improve every time, but what about the riders that don't put themselves out there that much they still have a talent too.

For example as alot of people will know i ride at Sheffield Training Track and i also rode on the opening meeting at Scunny in the Sheffield girls team, and to be honest none of us thought we did well on that day but on different tracks we do better. Like Josh is good on alot of tracks but there is always one track that every rider doesnt like cos they are not 100% on it.

Ive seen alot of the people ridin at Sheffield Training Track and there are alot of talents there like this one lad (im not going to mention names) but he got on the 500cc not even 2 months ago and he is absolutely flying round that track. And there is a little lad on the 125cc at the training track and you can tell he has talent.

:D:D:D

So watch out everyone there is alot of young talent on its way.

Well said Scunny Stag!

I mean Josh is an excellent rider and he is a nice lad and everything but don't forget he may not be the only person that has a talent at this sport.I see him ride every Thursday at Sheffield in the second halves and he really does improve every time, but what about the riders that don't put themselves out there that much they still have a talent too.

For example as alot of people will know i ride at Sheffield Training Track and i also rode on the opening meeting at Scunny in the Sheffield girls team, and to be honest none of us thought we did well on that day but on different tracks we do better. Like Josh is good on alot of tracks but there is always one track that every rider doesnt like cos they are not 100% on it.

Ive seen alot of the people ridin at Sheffield Training Track and there are alot of talents there like this one lad (im not going to mention names) but he got on the 500cc not even 2 months ago and he is absolutely flying round that track. And there is a little lad on the 125cc at the training track and you can tell he has talent.

:D  :D  :D

So watch out everyone there is alot of young talent on its way.

Have to agree with you there Angel, have been down most Saturday's with Spin Junior, there are talented riders, at the training track, and for me you and girls are really talented, and I don't think any of you let yourselves down Scunthorpe, I think you really did well.

I urge anybody to go down to Sheffield training track to see these youngsters, they all really love there speedway, but first and foremost they have fun, and all watch out for each other.l

Guest wizzard

been down to the sheffield training track and seen this little lad (don't know his name),he could not even touch the floor when sat on the bike (a 500cc) BUT he screwed it on full throttle round the corners..wow was that an impressive style or what.must have been all of 10 years old (or so) with red leathers on,anybody know who he is??? josh watch out !!! the future of the tigers looks rosy!! :lol:

Yes he is impressive, but is quite a crop of youngsters down there who are all developing nicel, this is including the girls, like you say the future does look rosey.

Girls, are sure it wasnt the away riders that turn up there :D , look at peterbrough they had all them riders coming through yet look what happened they sometimes dont do a lot, i mean david is about best and look at him he's an average second string really :neutral:

Edited by Matousek

Nothing like a bit of encouragement, Matousek, I think you need to get down there on Saturday, and talk to these kids.

They are a great bunch kids who all look out for each other and encourage each other, there are no primma donnas with this lot, not to mention that they are really talented, okay some might fall by the wayside but if we can get one or two that graduate up and ride for the team then it has been a success for Sheffield Speedway, and when it happens mate I will be looking for you, because you are going to appologies to these youngsters.

Yeah there will be some thats ok, joshua auty is good rider and i think he will do well, same with morten risager, antonio lindback, rory schlein etc. :)

My question, Matousek is have you been down on Saturday to see this talent, I know people who have gone down and been surprise at the talent on show.

Yeah i have and to be fair there is some decent riders coming through, ive only poped in though the last time i went properly was when steve battle and barty was there. i rate young morten he's a great rider. :)

Edited by Matousek

Yeah i have and to be fair there is some decent riders coming through, ive only poped in though the last time i went properly was when steve battle and barty was there. i rate young morten he's a great rider. :)

So you ain't ben for a while I suggest you get down there and have a look at the talent on show.

Well i might but just havent bothered, i only go thursdays but when long eatons back ill be back there, i spend more time bothered over watching elite league results now want belle vue to do well. :)

Edited by Matousek