British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stats

Mick McKeon

Ran into Mick McKeon the other day.

He has remarried and is staying home looking after his baby daughter.

As an East Coast speedway fan I never got to see Master Mick McKeon in action live. However, he was god around Cleremont and the speed he travelled around this circuit was awesome. I have his last meeting there on video - shame he had to bow out of his career with a nasty spill. Here's hoping WA continues to find new young talent in years to come.

Mick was a real racer, although I never saw him in Australia I do remember some fine performances riding for the Halifax Dukes, I believe he rode for halifax around the same time as another Aussie racer Merve Jaenke (spelling)

Guest Trace

Yes he did I used to go then with my mum ,Mick was my fave rider and merve was my mums :lol:

I've never forgotten the crash between him and Mike Lohmann during a Belle Vue v Halifax match in the 80's. Unfortunately I can't remember who of the two was the cause of the deliberate retaliation for a clash that had happened on the previous bend, but it was really dangerous riding which put both of them in hospital.

Seems he leads a quieter life these days. :D

I vaguely remember Mick - a really hard rider. I remember him riding for Middlesborough in the 60's.

I vaguely remember Mick - a really hard rider. I remember him riding for Middlesborough in the 60's.

Think you're getting mixed up with Brian Mckeown

Think you're getting mixed up with Brian Mckeown

Surely you're both getting confused with Acorn Dobson, used to ride for Kings Oak........Acorn........Oak.........geddit?.................anything good on tele tonight? :x

Wold this have something to do with him being a hard man? :?

Why oh why do I ask the opinion of someone from Broadmoor? Liontamer, you ever see the movie Deliverance? Wasn't that filmed in your neck of the woods? :lol:

Why oh why do I ask the opinion of someone from Broadmoor? Liontamer, you ever see the movie Deliverance? Wasn't that filmed in your neck of the woods? :lol:

Don't forget yer banjo if ya ever visit Syston In Leicestershire son (hoigh spit), dang my hide. :P

This is a local shop for local people, there's nothing for you here.............!

Thought so.... Is it me, or am I right??????/ 8)

Thought so.... Is it me, or am I right??????/ 8)

It's you, my mother was right to warn me about you. :x

Say wot???? :?