British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jonah

staying in newport

i thought id ask as theres a good chance i could be stopping in newport for the gp weekend and i wondered if any forum members had previously stayed there and if they knew anything about bus routes and so on any info would be much appreciated....

All buses stop in the city centre bus station and most stop opposite the railway station first, which is the best way to get to Cardiff as it takes about 15 minutes whereas a bus there takes a lot longer.

thanks for that ambercelt could anyone give me a rough idea how long it takes in a car from newport to cardiff and would it be easy enough to get a taxi back to newport after the gp cheers

Car about 20-25 mins depending on traffic.

Taxis not cheap- would still recommend train.

It takes about 2 hours by car from Newport to Cardiff. Well it did for me last year. And if it wasn't for my son I'd be still driving round and round today looking for the river :shock: :x

thanks for the info folks but as it turns out ive had a bit of luck and managed to book in at the big sleep hotel right in cardiff centre after hours of trying.will be staying over from friday to sunday and im well over the moon cheers again though!!!! :lol:

thanks for the info folks but as it turns out ive had a bit of luck and managed to book in at the big sleep hotel right in cardiff centre after hours of trying.will be staying over from friday to sunday and im well over the moon cheers again though!!!! :lol:

That's lucky. I think that was the first one I tried. Anyway, I am staying at the Travel Inn, Cardiff Bay. I think a few other forum members will be there also.

That's lucky. I think that was the first one I tried. Anyway, I am staying at the Travel Inn, Cardiff Bay. I think a few other forum members will be there also.

sure is joanne i spent 2 to 3 hours sunday night trying to get in somewhere near cardiff and the big sleep hotel came up trumps with me managing to secure the last two rooms i guess they must be cancelations couldnt have asked for more roll on june :lol:

Anyone staying in Newport then?

Anyone staying in Newport then?

Would love to be at Newport but can't gat any B&B for me and my daughter Cheryl (11) in area unless you know somewhere in Newport - intending to fly Friday and return Sunday

BTL, Are you flying down from Glasgow with BMI? I'm going down on the Friday coming back Sunday too. Sounds as though there are going to be a few Tigers fans on that flight. :-o

Another one missing Swindon on the Thursday! ;-)

Will you make the Newport meeting on the Friday Dawn?

Hi Lioness, hoping to make Newport on Friday, arrive in the morning in Cardiff so plenty of time to get the train to Newport.

BTL, Are you flying down from Glasgow with BMI? I'm going down on the Friday coming back Sunday too. Sounds as though there are going to be a few Tigers fans on that flight. :-o

Haven't booked flight yey but that was my plan. I've probably left it too late to get B&B for us unless you know somewhere there is vacancies in Cardiff / Newport that doesn't cost the earth.

Sorry BTL, don't know of anywhere cheap that's still available. I managed to get a good deal in the Holiday Inn Cardiff, but even it wasn't cheap