British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jonah

staying in newport

I've probably left it too late to get B&B for us unless you know somewhere there is vacancies in Cardiff / Newport that doesn't cost the earth.

I know it's really on the wrong side of Cardiff if travelling from this part of the World, (about 20 miles west) but have you tried Bridgend ? I managed to get booked in there only recently.

BTL thats the name of the place I've been trying to remember..... I know people who stayed there last year and they found it fine for travelling etc

Thanks Sloop - Ive been going insane trying to remember it!

Sorry BTL, don't know of anywhere cheap that's still available. I managed to get a good deal in the Holiday Inn Cardiff, but even it wasn't cheap

Which one is it - the Holiday Inn Centre or North?

I'm in the Holiday Inn City Centre, not sure whether they still have rooms left but you could try. I got booked through a website called totalstay.com

Dawn G,

Are there any spaces left on the flights from Glasgow? I might have another go at trying to get my parents to go the GP.

Hi Joanne, just checked BMIbaby website and there are still seats on the flight on Friday

Thanks, Dawn. I'll put my persuading hat on at the weekend. Not seen my parents for a while with them moving back up to Scotland this year.

Dawn G,  

Are there any spaces left on the flights from Glasgow? I might have another go at trying to get my parents to go the GP.

Hi Joanne, just checked BMIbaby website and there are still seats on the flight on Friday

I managed to get 2 seats for Friday to Cardiff and return Glasgow Sunday last night / morning @ 1am. - confirmation by email 5 min ago.

The Celtic Manor hotel is a very very nice and is 5 star.Im sure you would be able to get in there as its probably not cheap and is only about a 5-10 minute drive away from my house.

If you cant get anywhere in Newport try Cwmbrawn which is about 15 minutes away.

Anyone wanna come for a party at my house after Newport-Glasgow match :-o :P

Robbo :D

Anyone wanna come for a party at my house after Newport-Glasgow match :-o :P

Robbo :D

Are you insane there will be a lot of marauding Scots both East and West there that night! I assume you've seen Braveheart - you know the bit about York etc, etc. :lol: (I might even get the kilt and woad on! - there the resemblance to Mel Gibson ends.) But wait a minute we'll be in Wales so that's OK boyoh!

Thanks for the info- but thanks to the Great God John Todd of Sheffield I managed to get his accommodation 'cos he couldn't go.

See ya all on Friday at Newport and at GP!

PS Lioness still haven't told the we'an yet - amn't I a bad b+++++r

DawnG - assuming you go to Ashfield each week where do you stand?

Cheryl (my 11 year old), Lioness and I usually stand next to Mike Hunter at pits gate - As Steve Harley once said "Come up and see me..." we don't bite!

Hi BTL,

I stand on the 1st bend, I have been meaning to try to find you guys before, just a bit shy. Should be there on Sunday, weather prevailing so I'll try to look out for you.

Hi BTL,

I stand on the 1st bend, ......

We'll look out for you as well - usaully wear a navy blue adidas trackie with "Scotland UK" on back. So does Cheryl.

BTL

Ahhh but DawnG will hear Cheryl first before she sees her :P:lol:

Will see you at Newport too BTL. Hope you can put up with me :twisted:

Ahhh but DawnG will hear Cheryl first before she sees her :P:lol::

Yes she will

Will see you at Newport too BTL. Hope you can put up with me :twisted:

Looking forward to it - you're too hard on yersell' :D