British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tinkerbell

Cardiff 04 - heat-by-heat

Guest Tinkerbell

Hi there,

Can anyone provide a heat-by-heat account of this year's GP at Cardiff or tell me of an address where I can please get hold of one. It is very important to me!

Thanks a lot,

:D Tinkers :D

Guest Tinkerbell
Blimey, what do you want - jam on it?

Go to the second website listed, click on GPs' then you could always try results, and then the GP you are after.

Hard 'aint it!!  :D

I just found the page you're after in about 10 seconds.

I already printed that off over a week ago! So it appears I spread my jam well before you did! :D

I was looking for a description of each heat rather than tables, but thanks for your help anyway!

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Tinkerbell, its not a super detailed coverage but for us colonials without a live TV coverage (and US friends too) a few very kind people on the yahoo groups board do some comments & brief descriptions for each GP. Sometimes it's just heat results, sometimes a bit more, it's a bit of pot luck really !!

Try http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/speedway/messages/114117

You might have to register for yahoo groups before it lets you on. Good luck.

I already printed that off over a week ago! So it appears I spread my jam well before you did!  :D

I was looking for a description of each heat rather than tables, but thanks for your help anyway!

Maybe people would be a bit more forthcoming with information if you put a bit more into things yourself rather than asking for help / making topics up and sitting back and feeling content with yourself ???

Just a thought.

Rico :rolleyes:

A description of SCB and Jills GP, heat by heat.

Heat 1, SCB jumped up and down in front of Jill who kept teling him to move out of the way. A rider won and SCB jumped up and down some more.

Heat 2, ditto heat 1.

Heat 3, ditto heats 1 and 2.

Heat 6, alcohol arrives. SCB does not jump in fornt of Jill as she got the drinks, it's only fair.

Heat 7, normal service resumed.

I think there was an interval and a mad dash to the toilets about now, my memory is a bit hazy (well it was at the time so what chance do I have now?!)

The evening went along them lines all night really.

Heat 10, I thikn by now we had made friends with the non-English speaking Poles and were discussing certian riders GP prospects (BTW, none of us can speak Polish either, the international Language of, riders name and a thumb up or down was how it went) and how rubbish David Kujawa is and how to say his name.

Heat 25 and Greg Hancock was winning and SCB was jumping more than he had all day, I think Jill was too. Greag lead all the way with Leigh Adams passing Rico for 2nd after Rico went wide trying to pass Greg. Greg went wide on the 4th bend and SCB stopped jumping. Greg won and SCB started jumping again.

What about that for a review of the GP?

Special thanks should go to Ugly Kid Joe for getting us tickets and picking Greg Hancock as the eventual winner and of course to the forums very own Robbo, who had the job of "official programme filler in-er" which did result in a few conversations with our new Polish friends when he didn't know who had come where (some people, memory of a goldfish).

The fireworks were good, I missed the pre-meeting "entertainment" (trades description act? It's normally so bad I go for a walk in the stadium) and the beer was expensive inside the stadium.

BTW, in some heats I think I missed some of the passes, I remember David Norris passing some guy called Tomasz(!?) at one point.

I already printed that off over a week ago! So it appears I spread my jam well before you did!  :D

Maybe people would be a bit more forthcoming with information if you put a bit more into things yourself rather than asking for help / making topics up and sitting back and feeling content with yourself ???

Just a thought.

I get the feeling that the forum is slowly doing tinkerbells school work :unsure:

I get the feeling that the forum is slowly doing tinkerbells school work :unsure:

Glad I'm not the only one with similar suspicions :mad:

Guest Tinkerbell

Rico etc - I can promise that's not the case.

My coursework at the end of the day is as follows:

An interview with Jan Staechmann

(I conducted that myself, thank you)

A match report for a national newspaper

(As speedway is a minority sport, I must focus on the GP scene. Considering my parents aren't interested in the sport and I don't have access to Sky Sports TV, this has proven difficult. Match reports on the web tend to be around about 200/300 words. I have to make mine at least 800 due to exam board regulations, so as you can guess this is really tricky. Basically, I have a few, short match reports and the Speedway Star article so I'd appreciate it you could at least consider my position and be a little more supportive. It's difficult to explain speedway when neither my class nor my teacher knew the sport existed)

Steph

Tinks out of pure interest how did you get into speedway without your parents being interested? I always thought that in most cases it was parent drags child along and hey presto another fan well that's wht happened to me :wink:

Rico I did chuckle at your replies, don't think I could of worded it any better myself :lol:

wrong shazzy... in my case i got my parents back into it :P

they first took me though when i was 3... hated it then they said... , wonder whats changed now :rolleyes:

My parents never said anything about speedway either....it was a friend that dragged me to a meeting at Exeter who is to blame. Found out this year though that my dad used to go to Speedway with his dad in Walthamstow, but he had kept quiet about it.