British Speedway Forum
jeffster

Pardubice Weekend 2005 - Dates

Iris123 has kindly provided a link to the dates in the "GP & SWC 2005 - Provisional Dates" thread, but I have posted the dates in this new thread :

- Junior Golden Helmet 30.09.05

- Under 21 WTC Final 01.10.05

- Czech Golden Helmet 02.10.05

- Tomicek-Memorial Prague 03.10.05

- Biercup Slany 04.10.05

(Slany is approximately 25 - 30 kilometres from Prague)

Nearly a whole week of Speedway in prospect ! :D

Many thanks to Iris123 for providing the link to the info on the German Forum.

*** CORRECTION ***

A date correction on next years Pardubice weekend, from Karel Machek,

Editor of "Speedway Kuryr", the Czech Speedway Paper :

> - Junior Golden Helmet 30.09.05 NO!!!!!! no!!!!

> - JUNIOR GOLDEN HELMET + Under 21 WTC Final 01.10.05!!!!

> - Czech Golden Helmet 02.10.05

> - Tomicek-Memorial Prague 03.10.05

Edited by jeffster

Plenty time to save up then Jeffster eh! :wink:

Guest BilaHora

All

Interestingly enough, the article BilaHora was reading in Prague stated that all Jawa factory riders are required to ride in the Pardubice Golden Helmet under the terms of their contract.

Regards

BilaHora

All

Interestingly enough, the article BilaHora was reading in Prague stated that all Jawa factory riders are required to ride in the Pardubice Golden Helmet under the terms of their contract.

Regards

BilaHora

Very true BH, and this has always been the case....

However, the Golden Helmet appearances of a certain Mr. T Gollob from Poland are as rare as rocking horse dung..... :blink:

I have been to every CGH since 1997, and I can only recall Tomasz riding in this meeting once.....

Hope you're having a fantastic time in Prague.....I am not jealous or anything ....... :D

Plenty time to save up then Jeffster eh!  :wink:

Oh yes.....Does this mean that you are coming next year then ? :D

If you are , and I hope you are , dont you go leading me astray now, will you ? :blink:

Are Slany and Pardubice easily reached from Prague using public transport?

Pardubice certainly is , Kevin....

I always fly to Prague, and then get the train (Vlak in Czech) to Pardubice, which takes about 90 minutes, usually on a direct train (i.e. you do not have to change trains). The fare is about £5.

I have only been to Slany once, and that was on the Prague team bus, but looking at the train timetables on http://www.vlak.cz , a train from Prague to Slany takes about 30 minutes....

**If you look at timetables on Vlak.cz , you have to use local place names (Praha not Prague for example)

By the way, Vlak.cz has English & German Language versions too....

Of course, you can always employ the services of that well known connoiseur of Czech Travel, "Browns Tours", AKA Mr. Christopher Brown Esquire.... :D

Hope this helps.

Jeffster

Edited by jeffster

Looks to be about the best weeks speedway of the season :D

Considering.....but that is far from commiting :D Don't think i would be allowed to go for the whole lot even if i persuaded the rest of the family to come to Prague.But it's very tempting because i think there is a Mark's and Spencers in Prague ;) How i miss good old british food

Considering.....but that is far from commiting :D Don't think i would be allowed to go for the whole lot even if i persuaded the rest of the family to come to Prague.But it's very tempting because i think there is a Mark's and Spencers in Prague ;)  How i miss good old british food

There IS an M&S in Prague, mate, in Na Prikope I think it is, which is downtown Prague

You could also visit Chris Robertson's Deli in Prague 4 - Chris is an expat selling English Bacon, and various other items, such as Marmite, Branston Pickle, etc.....

You can read about Chris' shop here :

http://www.allpraha.com/?page=resourcedeta...%20Delicatessen

It's all very tempting.Only trouble is i took the "other half" to a meeting at Eastbourne once and she won't go again :o Came with me to Vojens once but stayed at the hotel.S'pose i have a better chance at Prague,but doubt i could dissapear 5 days in a row :(

It's all very tempting.Only trouble is i took the "other half" to a meeting at Eastbourne once and she won't go again :o Came with me to Vojens once but stayed at the hotel.S'pose i have a better chance at Prague,but doubt i could dissapear 5 days in a row :(

Well Duh ! What do you expect.....I mean, Eastbourne for the poor girls first live speedway meeting ? :blink::D

Yeah, you have a much better chance with Prague - Good nightlife, culture, speedway, English bacon & sausages from Robertson's , M&S , cheap beer, anything you could want , basically ;)

Dont forget that if you do come out to Czecho next year, and base yourself in Prague, then its a 90 minute train ride each way to Pardubice....

Pardubice certainly is , Kevin....

I always fly to Prague, and then get the train (Vlak in Czech) to Pardubice, which takes about 90 minutes, usually on a direct train (i.e. you do not have to change trains). The fare is about £5.

I have only been to Slany once, and that was on the Prague team bus, but looking at the train timetables on http://www.vlak.cz , a train from Prague to Slany takes about 30 minutes....

**If you look at timetables on Vlak.cz , you have to use local place names (Praha not Prague for example)

By the way, Vlak.cz has English & German Language versions too....

Of course, you can always employ the services of that well known connoiseur of Czech Travel, "Browns Tours", AKA Mr. Christopher Brown Esquire.... :D

Hope this helps.

Jeffster

Yes thanks Jeffster, it sure does help - not sure about Mr CBE, oh gawd, do you see how that reads :lol: , (well, he did go to the House of Commons the other day :D ), but might pass the info on to my own 2005 tour guide - what do you reckon Jo?

Sounds good. It's all very tempting. I wish I had enough leave for 10 GPs, Ice Speedway, trip to Belle Vue/Buxton, IOW, Pardubice, Scottish trip not to mention visiting parents plus family holiday, oh I forgot the World Cup. Plus I don't know where I'll be next year :unsure::shock: