British Speedway Forum

Can anyone reccomend any decent hotels in Prague? Is it far to Marketa from the city centre? Cheers folks!

Guest BilaHora

Mr GLYN

You could try the Hotel Cloister Inn.

http://www.cloister-inn.com

They will arrange a fixed price taxi to get to and from the stadion U Markety.

Regards

BilaHora

Can anyone reccomend any decent hotels in Prague? Is it far to Marketa from the city centre? Cheers folks!

I guess it depends what standard of hotel you are looking for.

First time I went I stayed at the Radisson which was absolutely fantastic. This year we went for the slightly more "functional" (and much cheaper) Pyramid hotel.

You can get a tram from the very center of the City straight to the stadium. I can't remember the number off-hand, I think it might have been the 22, but I'm sure there are many on here with better memories than me that will be able to confirm.

the tram that you need is the 22 ,and get off at either brevnosky klaster or vyspech.

prague is a superb place to visit as well as going to the gp.

for good food , i can recommend Pivovarsky Dom,which is a restaurant as well as

a micro brewery.

also try Bohemia Bagel.

does anyone else have any recommendations for good food,and good accommodation ,as i hope to go with 4 friends next year.

Guest BilaHora

All

A small word of warning. Tram 22 is the main tourist tram in Prague and has been known to have a problem with pick-pockets. Public transport in Prague is quick and efficient, just take care with your belongings.

Regards

BilaHora

I definitely fancy this now I know it is going to be July.

Mum and Dad are going there for a few days on the 13th, staying at the Prague Centre, so will post back on afterwards to say what they thought of it.

www.hotel-net.cz/detail_en_1284_PRAGUE_CENTRE_HOTEL_USD.html

For anyone wanting a cheap stay look at the 'Pensions' they are between a youth hostel and a hotel, basically a 1* hotel, very cheap if you just want a bed for the night, we've stayed in a few and they've been clean just basic.

I can only again agree with HenryW's post as I shared said rooms with him.

Radisson was the dogs bs that we wangled on a deal.

Nice pensions right next to the stadium (where is the sarcasm smiley ??)

Rico :rolleyes:

Nice pensions right next to the stadium (where is the sarcasm smiley ??)

God, yes, I'd forgotten about them.

Perfect location for the speedway, but possibly not perfect for anything else (including staying in).

the tram that you need is the 22 ,and get off at either brevnosky klaster or vyspech.

prague is a superb place to visit as well as going to the gp.

for good food , i can recommend Pivovarsky Dom,which is a restaurant as well as

a micro brewery.

also try Bohemia Bagel.

does anyone else have any recommendations for good food,and good accommodation ,as i hope to go with 4 friends next year.

Magpie, the tram stop is called "Vypich"...

Other options :

From "Hradcanska" Metro Station (Line A), take tram 1 or 18 to Vetrnik.

Go to "Andel" Metro Station, walk a few yards to the "Andel" Bus Terminus, and get bus 191 to "Vypich"

Guest JY2003

We stayed in a Hotel called the Ibis.... Abit of a treck from the City Centre! Wouldnt you agree Beercellar... :lol:

:D

We stayed in a Hotel called the Ibis.... Abit of a treck from the City Centre! Wouldnt you agree Beercellar... :lol:

yeh it was quit a treck as we did all walk it that nite,then we descovered the tram when we got there :blink: nice hotel tho,just a bit to far out realy.If its class u want then try the diplomate,its where riders stay some times,like mr gollob or mr richardson.and its right by the metro (tube) as well.Am looking forward to it again this year,loads a good places to eat and everything is so cheep.just watch out for pick pockets and english stage doos.

How far away is the Pyramid hotel from the town centre and how far away from the GP?

Any idea what the taxi price would be?

Which website have you used to book the Pyramid.

Any other suggestions for a 3 to 4 star hotel?

Help, Where is queen of travel guide Joanne?

Help, Where is queen of travel guide Joanne?

I'm here, I was doing the ironing :sad:

Don't know about queen, The StartTart and Rico are better qualified than me :)