Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

We stayed at the Europejski near the train station. Double room for 3 nights was around 90€, with good breakfast. Like the Krystal in Prague, Europejski is a relic from the 70's, but for the occasional speedway traveller who's more interested in the "after speedway" then the wallpapers in the room its the perfect place for the 4 hrs of sleep every night. Also practicly all the trams stop 100m from the hotel entrance and the main square is on a walking distance.

Tip for anyone whos interested, check out "Jahrhundert-halle" in Wroclaw, and the park area surrounding it. They are a couple of miles southeast from the stadium, amazing site. No big surprise that we found it while trying to get to the stadium. I wont admit that we were lost...

I'm staying in the Best Western Prima after changing my mind at the last minute :rolleyes: Not bad really £170 for 3 nights, that is with the flight included and Queen Bed (more room for Pawprint :) )

I'll be checking out Wroclaw for the World Cup in the summer :)

Few questions

Is it easy to get standing tickets on the day?

How much did it cost you for the weekend in Wroclaw?

Could I have responses off people who DIY made there way there and possibly who drive there.

And who did use a tour company, how much was it and what company you travel with?

Booked my flight and hotel today for Wroclaw :)

Thanks Joanne, for your help..... please don't lose me when we are there! :unsure:

Booked my flight and hotel today for Wroclaw  :)

Thanks Joanne, for your help..... please don't lose me when we are there! :unsure:

You'll be OK as long as you keep her away from the trees. :)

You'll be OK as long as you keep her away from the trees. :)

Given her passionate dislike for all things GP I really can't see Trees being in Wroclaw ! ;)

Rico :rolleyes:

Few questions

Is it easy to get standing tickets on the day?

How much did it cost you for the weekend in Wroclaw?

Could I have responses off people who DIY made there way there and possibly who drive there.

And who did use a tour company, how much was it and what company you travel with?

Re tickets, you can order them in advance and pick them up on the day - that was what we did last year. The stadium is all seated (benched in the main) but whether people sit down depends on how crazy the section you are in is).

I'll give you an example of a weekend I had in Wroclaw in October (for the GP last year we went to Warsaw first and spent a day there then got the train down).

Flew WizzAir from Luton on Friday morning to Katowice. Train from Katowice to Wroclaw around 3 hours. Cost of train £8 single first class. Cost of flight free, only tax and charges.

Hotel in Wroclaw, £40 per room per night in Mercure Panorama, stayed 2 nights. Probably about 300 yards from main square in town and easy reach of all amenities. Right next to the hotel are tram stops taking you all over the city.

So total cost for the weekend was (excluding expenses) around £65 for flight and hotel, £16 for train, say £10 return for bus to Katowice from Airport - I make that £91.

Beer is generally around 6zl for 500ml (£1), cigarettes, just over 6zl (£1.05), food to eat out is excellently priced and you can eat very well for under £10 a head including drinks.

I was lucky with the Wizzair flights that I got being so cheap, but certainly the Ryanair flights are excellently priced and fly direct into Wroclaw, so no need for the train from Katowice. I'm booked up at the total cost of £35 return from Stansted.

It'll be interesting to see what price the travel companies come up with for this trip as it really can be done so cheaply (as can most of the GPs).

Edited by Rico

Yep we've always sorted our own trips for about the last 5 years, never costs us more than £100 each.

Glad to hear that Rob.

There was me thinking I was enjoying these cheap trips all by myself (cue song - Don't wanna be all by myself etc etc)

Got a good deal on the Holiday Inn by the railway station for the GP last year and must say very impressed. It was the best hotel breakfast i have ever had, which is saying something.

The Radission seemed nice too and had a very nice bar area. If you book direct with them, they guarantee to be the cheapest.

If i go this year will probably stay there.

It`s a great fun to read about all these hotels in Wrocław :) As i know Wrocław very well and have to say it`s the one of most beautiful cities in Poland (for me personally) just after the Krakow (Cracow).

P.S. Isnt the Ibis Hotel just next to Olympic Stadium?

Guest BilaHora

All

Wrocław's Olympic Stadium (stadion Olimpijski) is probably the only Olympic Stadium to stage the home internationals of two different countries (football). In 1928, when the stadium was opened, with the name of "Leerbeutel" (which, somewhat strangely, means "empty sack") , Wrocław was part of Germany (and known as Breslau). When Berlin was awarded the Olympics in 1936, Wrocław (Breslau) changed the stadium's name to Olympic Stadium in the hope of being allocated some of the events (Hitler dashed their hopes). However, the German national team did play international matches at the stadium, including a 1935 match against Poland. After World War II, Wrocław became part of Poland and has hosted many of Poland's international matches.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

The Radission seemed nice too and had a very nice bar area. If you book direct with them, they guarantee to be the cheapest.

If i go this year will probably stay there.

Just booked up at the Radisson - very reasonable 80 euros for the room per night including brekko. Stayed there last year as well - very nice hotel.

Will we be seeing you there this year J-D ??

Stayed there last year.

This year we're staying at the HP Park Plaza, next to the river, very nice indeed but a bit further to walk to the square. 405 zloty / night, less 20% discount, for a "superior double room" inc breakfast. You can't beat Poland for value for money.