British Speedway Forum
Paul

Hackney Speedway

Excellent website Paul keep up the good work. Do you know if the riders who are still riding today from the 88 double winning side Loram, Louis and Moggo are going if they do not have riding commitments of course. How about Paul Whitt?

It was a good feature on him in the Star a few months ago.

Ipswich have a meeting the night after VV, but nothing the night before. If I get the chance to speak with Chris tomorrow I'll ask him if he intends going along.

If anybody know's the whereabouts of:

Des Lukehurst, Ian Clark, Dennis Day, Hugh Saunders, Brian Leonard.

Please let us know as they have elluded us so far.

Thanks

I belive Hughie is back in the channel Islands, contact Trevor Geer, he'd know!

See thread in Speedway general discussions regarding another attendee....... :D

Latest news on riders who will be at the reunion can be found at www.hackneyreunion.com.

Tickets for the reunion Friday at 8 have now all but sold, however we do have disco / cabaret tickets for sale at £6.00, Friday at 9.30. These are tickets are for the reunion, but not the whole evening. You'll miss none of the entertainment and a few other surprises we have lined up. More details at www.hackneyreunion.com or email www.hackneyreunion@btopenworld.com

Cabaret?? Wot Tommo's "bottle walking" and Uncle alf Weedon's "crooning?" :rolleyes:

Just looking at the line-up for this weekends grasstrack meeting at Cloppenburg and saw this.Who is the guy in the Hackney bodycolour :unsure:

Just looking at the line-up for this weekends grasstrack meeting at Cloppenburg and saw this.Who is the guy in the Hackney bodycolour :unsure:

Is it Uwe Gessner???

Did he ride for Hackney then?Never heard of him.Must admit i was thinking the bloke got the bodycolour from Banksy or maybe Tim Korneliussen who does longtrack still. :unsure:

Latest news on riders who will be at the reunion can be found at www.hackneyreunion.com.

can't get the link to work Paul

:oops: that'll teach me to copy and paste wont it .... got it now - the . after com :wink:

Edited by shazzybird

General discussion board has that Bo Petersen is coming to the reunion, fan bloody tastic!

Anyone who wants a ticket for the disco / cabaret [entry from 9.30pm] I still have some left for sale at £6.00 each. I need to know in advance if you'll be coming so please contact me on 07831 333904 anytime by 5pm on Friday 22nd July, the day of the reunion. There will be no admission without a ticket on the night, but I can reserve a ticket for you to pick up on the gate.

Pete Sampson is building a pit’s area for the night at the Wildlife Park. Terry Stone is bringing a couple of his bikes to put in there. With former pits marshals Ken Archer and Don Barker, who will both in attendance for the reunion I wonder which one will take control!

Keeping a watchful eye the proceedings will be the nights referee Mr Lew Stripp. He has come out of retirement to take charge of the reunion. Former Hackney fan and current day referee Mr Phil Griffin will ably assist him if required. Lew will be telling the riders the usual stuff, no rolling at the start and if you fall over you will be automatically excluded and sent back to the bar!

Tony McDonald will be selling his excellent publication Backtrack. Former members of the Hackney B darts team will be meeting up for the first time in I don’t know in how many years. The former raffle ticket girls will be selling their strips once again, and of course Snowy Beattie will be in charge of this, organising the famous weekly fiddle. I must just add there are some excellent raffle prizes!

For all the former Hackney fans this has to be the place to be this coming Friday! See you there!

Should be an excellent night tonight :approve: See you all there (safe to say it now you've sold all the tickets :wink::lol: ) should be there in time for 7 looking really forward to the re-union xx