British Speedway Forum

Could anyone tell me where it is best to fly to and what are the best airlines to try. Also hotels in Krsko that are good.

Thanks

I can assure you that KSKRO is a pig to get to. there are virtually no travel links from Ljubliana...there is only 1 Taxi in the Town itself..and if you stay in Zagreb you have to cross a border.

The town of KSKRO is small and uninteresting and Speedway is the only sport. You would be far better off travelling to a major city and hiring a car. However Ljubliana has a conference the weekend of the GP and most hotels are sold out.

Zagreb is a lovely city with plenty going on

Sorry to be negative..but that is the score.

By the way Malilla is even worse to reach and get rooms. I was there last week and it is 200kms plus from Stockholm..but the area is lovely if you like pine trees.

Agree that Krsko can be awkward but don't be totally put off it's too good a g.p to miss.

Last year I booked at the last minute. Flew Newquay-Stansted-Ljubliana, hired a car at the airport, stayed in Ljubliana (terrific bars and cafes, great saturday market etc) and drove to Krsko for the g.p (about 1 hours drive). Bought tickets at the track, no problems. Had a wonderful time. On sunday went for a drive in beautiful Slovenia, had lunch half way up a mountain, caught return flights and was back home in my local pub by 9pm.

There was a large sports thing happening in Ljubliana that particular weekend but still no probs getting accomodation.

i myself am seriously thinking about doing this GP.

having searched the net i reckon its best to fly to ljubliana and hire a car, my route finder estimates about 60-70 mile to krsko

only problem with having a car is zero alcohol intake :(

I thought Krsko was on the main Ljubljana to Zagreb railway line. Felt sure I'd been through it on the train

Last year we flew Easyjet Stansted to Ljubliana, got a hire car with Budget stayed at a holiday village just outside of Ljubliana in a bungelow which was nice, drive to Krsko is easy, basically one road all the way there.

Last year we flew Easyjet Stansted to Ljubliana, got a hire car with Budget stayed at a holiday village just outside of Ljubliana in a bungelow which was nice, drive to Krsko is easy, basically one road all the way there.

What was the name of the holiday village Rob? And does it have a website or, if not, contact details?

We flew to Zagreb and got a taxi across the border, was fairly easy and not majorly expensive as far as i can remember, problem was getting to and from the GP with the 1 taxi and no busses etc :blink: we were rescued by Mike Patrick and given a lift but otherwise think we couldve struggled! Stayed at a lovelly spa hotel called Terme Catez where quite a few of the riders stay

Scunny Stag is quite correct. Krsko is on the main line between Ljubliana and Zagreb and so there is a direct train service between Ljubliana and Krsko. The journey normally takes 1 hr 37 min. The only problem is that in the current timetable the last train back to the capital (via Dubova) leaves Krsko at 20.28 hrs on a Saturday. It is not possible therefore to watch the GP and get back to a hotel in Ljubliana by train. Unfortunately it is not much better in the opposite direction as the last train from Krsko to Zagreb leaves at 21.39 hrs. Hope that helps anyone thinking of travelling to Slovenia.

What was the name of the holiday village Rob? And does it have a website or, if not, contact details?

It's called Ljubljana Resort. I don't think they have a website but I did a search on google na dit came up with a few booking pages. Email address is ac.jezica@gpl.si

It's called Ljubljana Resort. I don't think they have a website but I did a search on google na dit came up with a few booking pages. Email address is ac.jezica@gpl.si

Thanks for that Rob. That's one that appealed to me when I was doing a search too. Otherwise M Hotel looks reasonable at around 50 Euro per night B & B.

I stayed there last year too, for the money i can highly recommend it. Taxi ride into city was only about £4. They have a bar onsite too that is very reasonably priced too.

Stayed in M hotel before and for the extra money it is not worth it.

Next time i go back i will use the Resort again.

Calling Tomaz Pozrl :D

Hi Tomaz I remember that you posted a link to the stadium layout at Krsko but the url doesn't work anymore. Do you have any other plans available for seating and standing sectors at Stadion Matije Gubca.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Hi Timbo

Unfortunately I can't find Krsko stadium plan at the moment. AMD Krsko has a new website (http://www.speedwaykrsko.com) but it's still under construction.

I'll try to contact one of the Krsko officials and see if I can get stadium plan. I'll post the link to the stadium layout when I get it.

Hi Timbo

Unfortunately I can't find Krsko stadium plan at the moment. AMD Krsko has a new website (http://www.speedwaykrsko.com) but it's still under construction.

I'll try to contact one of the Krsko officials and see if I can get stadium plan. I'll post the link to the stadium layout when I get it.

Hi Tomaz thanks for that. I'm hoping to get over to the UK in May 2005 and would love to get over to Slovenia for the GP :)