British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whowasthatberntpersson

Where now?

A question for the many speedway fans who followed racing at tracks that are now defunct.

So where do supporters of clubs like Cradley, Birmingham, Halifax,Hackney, leicester Bradford, etc, etc. now get there fix?

So where do supporters of clubs like Cradley, Birmingham, Halifax,Hackney, leicester Bradford, etc, etc. now get there fix?

As an ex Leicester & Long Eaton supporter the answers simple, I don't. I'll probably see only two or three meetings this year. :x

As an ex Leicester and Long Eaton (sometimes) supporter the answer's simple - I do. :D

Couldn't be like Liontamer I'm afraid as I have to have my weekly fix, even if it did mean transferring to bitter rivals Coventry in 1984. :-(

I know loads of Leicester fans wouldn't go to Coventry on principle when Leicester were shut down (by the Coventry management) but it was either that or just occasional visits elsewhere.

As a Canterbury fan I have to go out of Kent to see any League racing at all, make do with being on the track staff at Arena Essex as that is the only place to see the racing from the inside,but I'm no Arena fan and go just to keep my interest up.

My real ambition is to see Sittingbourne ( Iwade ) overcome all its problems with the local Council,residents and Terry Russell to establish itself once and forall as a Conference League track with a future.

True, I could go to Coventry every week, there again I could stay at home, rub myself all over with a cheese grater & roll in salt..difficult choice. 8)

there again I could stay at home, rub myself all over with a cheese grater & roll in salt..difficult choice.

can i come round please?

there again I could stay at home, rub myself all over with a cheese grater & roll in salt..difficult choice.

can i come round please?

OK but bring your own salt.

no worries...i store it in my own little sack

As an ex-Heathen who lived in London during most of the 80's and went to Plough Lane until it closed, but now find myself living over the Irish Sea the answer is simple. I rely on Sky!!!

As an ex-Heathen who lived in London during most of the 80's and went to Plough Lane until it closed, but now find myself living over the Irish Sea the answer is simple. I rely on Sky!!!

So you're called salty & you live over the Irish Sea. Do you have a big white beard & dine on fish fingers by any chance? :?

"Over the sea to Sky" :approve:

(Did I imagine it, or did someone else come up with the idea first?) :?

Don't have a big white beard, but only cos I shave.

Fish fingers...YUK!!!

And I am trying to spread the gospel in this speedway free land.

Fish fingers...YUK!!!

Must admit, I haven't had them for a long time myself................(leave it Lt).

"Over the sea to Sky"

sorry Lt...thought i deleted it before anyone saw it.

i thought it was a bit lame, until i saw you post it and now i know it was lame