British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I take your kidding about learning Polish then, or do i really need to learn it.

Terry

Terry,

I always think it is more polite to go to a foreign country and know a little bit of the language, even it is just to say thanks, please, yes and no for example.

Helpful couple of websites to give you a taster of Polish.

BBC Languages - Comes with some audio on the basic phrases

Single Serving - handy little website for going on tour. You even get taught how to swear like a native :blink:

I found almost all of the people involved in restaurants/hotels spoke at least a little English. Apologies if I made you panic Terry !

The only time I've encountered difficulties in the past has been when booking train tickets but if I'm not sure I just make sure I've got the phrase I want written down in advance. Rough Guide does a very handy little phrasebook if you do feel inclined to try a little. Given the difficulty in pronouncing polish words correctly (from English being first language) it has phonetic pronounciation which comes in handy.

Rico :rolleyes:

Edited by Rico

And Ree-co are you rubbing it in again?  :mad:

As if I would do that to you LW. Just get yourself to Bydgoszcz.

Thanks for that Rico will get learning asap, i heard polish is one of the hardest languages to learn so wish me luke. I could always tap Magda for some free lessons LOL. thanks again mate.

Terry

We went to Wroclaw for the World under 21 Final in September. Regular tram journies to the gates of the park takes about 20mins from cc. The Box office is at the entrance to the park. on practice day (fri) we collected our tickets there which were prepaid online. When you see the price of a programme in Poland you,l probably buy 10! From there its a fair walk into the middle of the park to the "Olympic" Stadium (1936) ? We were pretty close to the starting gates but I got the impression we would have got a good view anywhere.

Immediately next to the stadium there were plenty kiosks for grub, beer, coffee,souveniers &etc. The toilets were clean & convenient, always keep some coins back for the ladies who keep them so well.

Last tram to cc is about 1120pm but don,t leave it till then.

Polish beer is a fair bit stronger than German Pils and thats b4 u start on their Wodka. If you take it easy you,l remember some of the speedway.

I,m sorry to say I dont know a word of Polish, spoke the Scottish version of english ? but we were 2 weeks there and are going back again this year. Great country Great people Great SPEEDWAY

PS Didnt have any problems till we got to Prague !

There is is a goods news for those travelling to The Wroclaw's Grand Prix on

Saturday April, 30.

Ryanair have recently announced that from March 24th they are opening cheap

flights between London Stanstead and the GP venue. So anyone planning to go

there should visit www.ryanair.com and book their tickets.

Apparently there is flight on Saturday 30th April, leaving Stanstead at

12:05 and arriving at Wroclaw at 15:10 (just in time for the tapes up). If

in a hurry, you can be back at Stanstead by next day at 16:50. The return

trip should not cost you more that 75.00 British Pounds.

Roman, as discussed on yahoogroups the info was provided previously on the following thread.

Rico brought my rough guide to polish at the weekend for such a cheap price £3.99 it brill have been trying to learn all the pronouncations boy its hard!

Terry

Bardzo dobrze Terry.

Keep practicing and we'll hopefully see you putting it into practice at the end of April.