British Speedway Forum
Phil

NEW LEAGUE FOR YOUNGSTERS

A BRAND-NEW Under 15 League will be launched next season.

Detailed plans of the way the new set-up will operate will be revealed to promoters soon and it will include a series of radical and revolutionary ideas.

British Under-21 manager Peter Oakes (pictured) said: “We have lagged behind other countries over the year in providing facilities for youngsters and I think that has been reflected in our lack of success internationally.”

http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

After the success of the past 2 years, conferenceleaguespeedway.co.uk will be incorporating all news fixtures and results from the newly formed Under 15's League for 2005

The U-15 league is great news. Hopefully riders will be able to compete for the whole season they are 15 in, as many riders may struggle to get regular CL rides immediately after their birthday.

The best idea to come from the BSPA for a long time. Well Done. I hope alot of the top club have teams in this league like Poole because I'd certainly go along and watch the stars of tomorrow.

Is this league going to be like the CL but be made of teams of riders under 15?

Sounds great its good to give us at the training tracks a chance!

:D

Graham Reeve started the Under-15's competitions with the internationals against the German lads in 2001, then Peter Oakes started the U-15 Championship last year, and now an U-15 league (no complicated rules please, keep it simple!)

Brilliant, and congratulations to everyone involved in this.

You see, BSPA, you CAN get things right when you've got the right people involved!

Maybe only 2 or 3 of us would be in it the rest are over 15 unfortunately!I would certainly have a go when i'm better if offered the chance though! :P

Hopefully all U-15 licenced riders will have been sent information by the BSPA :rolleyes:

I think I read in the Speedway Star last wee kthat riders had to express an interest to Peter Oakes. I would urge all riders to get in touch with him. Competive riding will bring riders on so much quicker than practicing on their own and presumably this isn't going to be track time they have to pay for. A win-win scenario if ever there was one.

Edited by Scunny Stag

How will this league work, financially? As clubs cannot charge people to watch the youngsters.

How will this league work, financially?  As clubs cannot charge people to watch the youngsters.

Why cant they charge people to watch them? Im sure the BSPA will want people to treat this league just like the Elite League.

You can't charge to watch kids racing, don't really know why but it's the same in all motor sports. I would think they wil run after the main meetings.

they cant charge but maybe they can do a collection instead ?? :blink: