British Speedway Forum
plipplop

Jap And Jawa For Sale

FOR SALE

2 fully restored, All original speedway bike's.

Both BMF show winner's,

Open to serious offers.

Must collect or arrange own transport

from Yorkshire (UK)

Sale due to bereavement

Photo's are here

Email: japandjawa@hotmail.co.uk

Now THAT is how a speedway bike should look!

nah - there's no dents, rust or shale clogging up the engine fins. Can't see any rips in the seat either, this bike needs restoring badly :D

Seriously, nice machines, wish my bank manager was more understanding !!

Now THAT is how a speedway bike should look!

nah - there's no dents, rust or shale clogging up the engine fins. Can't see any rips in the seat either, this bike needs restoring badly :D

Seriously, nice machines, wish my bank manager was more understanding !!

CP, I'll have to send you a pic of my old Weslake complete with bent forks, tank dents, ripped seat, bent handlebars, shale deposits and i'm sure some of my DNA is still on it from a "get off" some years ago. Now that's what i call a speedway bike! :blink:

Guest dunni

peter collins is always looking for old bikes,if anyone knows is number?

I love the look of those bikes....at the risk of sounding like an old fart, the modern day bikes just look rubbish to me...

Guest Dawn

Hey, I recognise those bikes!! They were lovingly and painstakingly restored by my Dad who sadly passed away last year. Knowing just how much my Dad put into restoring them, my Mum would like them to go to a good home, someone who will appreciate them.

If anyone on here could offer any suggestions as to where to advertise them this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Dawn

Thanks to all of you who enquired, but the 2 bikes are now sold.

They've gone to a very happy home on the English south coast.

Thanks again.

Billy

For those of you who may be wondering where they have gone - I am the lucky purchaser of these 2 magnificent Machines.

I collected them from Leeds yesterday afternoon and met the vendor Mrs Olga Parker, whose late Husband Ron, had kept them in such superb condition, in the case of the JAP, for over 50 years.

People who might like to see them, may do so this coming Tuesday at Smallbrook Stadium on the Isle of Wight when we run our first practice session.

The great admirers of our Sport, like Ron Parker, who work so painstakingly on these fantastic old Bikes, keep the history of Speedway alive.

Because of Ron Parker's hard work, time and money over many years, these 2 Speedway Bikes have been preserved in what can only be described as almost new condition.

His efforts have meant that many people, for many years to come, will gain great enjoyment from viewing and hearing them.

Thank you very much Mrs Parker for allowing me the privilege of owning these 2 beautiful pieces of Speedway Racing history, and thank you Billy for helping me load up.

I will keep this thread alive by periodically informing everyone where these Bikes will be on show.

# Name Removed #.

The JAP, which we have now aged as a 1953 Rotrax, will be on display at Motor Cycle World at Beaulieu on the 18th and 19th of June.

I will post the exact location when I get the details.

For those of you who wondered....................................

Neither of these bikes had been run for years when I purchased them.

They are both going now and it is intended that they get ridden on the Isle of Wight towards the end of the Season for a few demonstration laps. :)

# Name Removed #

David,

Enjoy those machines, they look wonderful.

I had a JAP and a Jawa like those, unfortunately I ran short of money whilst running Skegness and had to sell the JAP as it was worth more than the Jawa.

Still have the Jawa I'm glad to say, and still have a spin now and again.

had to sell the JAP

The very first 500 I ever rode was a Hagon JAP Grass Track Bike.

Richard May had won the SCGTRA Championship on it the previous year - 1966 (I think).

I sold it for £75.

To be fair, a BRAND NEW Ford Cortina was only £680 then, so I suppose it is all relative.............. ;)

I won't say what I paid for the JAP, but I collected it from Leeds, as previously mentioned, and said to the lady I purchased it from - "I would have driven to Leeds just to sit on it".

It really is a work of art - and that's the opinion of Tony Briggs, John Tarr, Max Richards and a number of other people who know a fantastic bike when they see one.

I said earlier on in this thread "I am the lucky purchaser" - I meant that.

Come and see the JAP at Beaulieu everyone - it WILL make you smile I promise you.

Crouch.

David,

It looked like a 5 stud motor in a MK2 Rotrax frame,.....am I right?

Mine was a 4 stud in a MK2, but same clutch as yours, My primary chain cover was more like your Jawa, but exactly the same brown leather saddle.

I think one of the things riders find disconcerting about the JAP is that the power comes in all of a sudden, but what a magnificent machine.

So, do I take it JAP's are hard to master? I purchased a 4b JAP in a North frame back in 1984. Following a minor accident when I rode it through the fence at the bottom of my Mums garden :oops: I took it apart to renovate it and that's how it's remained, stored in the attic awaiting restoration. Maybe this year i'll get around to sorting it out :shock:

2v Jawas are fairly easy to ride as long as you keep the revs up. Went to Reading t/t twice last year and gave my brothers Jawa a 'blast', unfortunately I forgot that vital piece of info and found myself running the handlebars down the back straight fence with my little finger between the two, just as well nails grow back! :lol: all good fun though!!!

It looked like a 5 stud motor in a MK2 Rotrax frame,.....am I right?

I think so Alan.

It is definately a Long 5 and it is Rotrax but not sure about Mk2.

John Tarr looked at it and dates and authenticated most of it as orginal.

It started out life looking very different and the Late Ron Parker, who restored it, went to great lengths to find all original and authentic parts where he could.

This went right down to a re-chromed, but original, exhaust bracket.

Loved the website Leakie.

In reply to your question - they all frighten the wotsit out of me.

I rode a lay down at Wimbledon a couple of years ago amd I'd forgotten just how fast they are.

I had a ride at Southampton Show last year on one of Andy Day's 2 Valve Jawas.

I really need a 76 tooth back sprocket to gear it right for me - slow me down to about 30mph. :lol:

Crouch.

Edited by David Croucher