British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
born_2b_mad

Calling All Former Wimbledon Riders

The Wimbledon Speedway Supporters Club are organising a Riders Reunion meet local to the Plough Lane Stadium on Saturday, March 19th.

We would like as many riders as possible to make this event.

If you rode for the Dons or you have contact with anyone that has then please email me at donsspeedway@tesco.net

The Wimbledon Speedway Supporters Club are organising a Riders Reunion meet local to the Plough Lane Stadium on Saturday, March 19th.

We would like as many riders as possible to make this event.

If you rode for the Dons or you have contact with anyone that has then please email me at donsspeedway@tesco.net

Does that mean i'll have to do the kit that day...........:)

Does that mean i'll have to do the kit that day...........:)

Shh!!! Don't say anything tomorrow!!! I've got to tell them I'm in France next week yet!!

hi guys im trying to get in touch with any riders who were moggo's first team mates such as roger and peter johns colin richardson and malcolm simmons do any of you know if they are still in the country or for that fact in touch with any of you wimbledon fans?i plan on trying to get these old team mates to come up to stoke for moggo's testamonial as a surprise for him as it must be years since he's seen these blokes.hope you can help :D

Edited by happy potter

i met simmo in a mexican jail in jalisco bout a year an a half ago. just teasing.. i think it was guadalajara actually.. :) seriously though i did have the pleasure to see simmo race when he was at the top of his game and it was money well spent. many consider him one of the best british riders in his time esp in the 70's. and it wasnt guadalajara think it was matzatlan..the cell had a nice view of the sea of cortez actually.. :)

Edited by sandman

You want to stop hanging out with Keef and his friends from California, Sandy.Or was it them Texicali college girls :wink:

I have Simmo's address, but I'm not sure he wants it made public knowledge. Perhaps I could pass on a message for you?

Colin now lives in Sweden, sure Lee would get a message to him.

You want to stop hanging out with Keef and his friends from California, Sandy.Or was it them Texicali college girls :wink:

Iris123, i dont know keef or his friends from california, or texacali, but in the recesses of that which is left of my brain, i seem to remember college girls.. has a certain ring to it anyway, cant remember why tho.. capn morgans rum erased a lot of things.. i know nothing.. ;) ahem.. as i watched the sun rise over the cortez sea, i looked at my boat anchored not far from me. from behind the bars on the window i see, some local bas**rds stealin my dingy from me.. i vowed revenge, right then and right there, to retrieve my dingy from those bas**rds theivin, pirate lair.. sandmans revenge is swift, and rightgeous indeed, i broke outta prison and cut their throats with exceptional speed..i got to my boat and made some headway,....( laughin at the mexican coast guard, who would have to wake up,) to fight another day..i gave em the finger as i caught a good breeze,... said hasta manana ,the yucatan,.. if ya please...if that.. doesnt give ya a license to chill, nothin ever will my friends.. :neutral: i once met stinky carruthers in mexicali bout 20 years ago iris123 does that count?

Edited by sandman

cheers norbold if you could ask him if he ever rode with moggo and if he would mind coming to his testamonial?on the other conference site i was told that simmo was a team mate but i dont know myself! :)

does anybody know about roger and peter johns?are they in this country or abroad and do they keep up with the speedway nowadays?i know that moggo holds roger in very high esteem!!

i plan on trying to get these old team mates to come up to stoke for moggo's testamonial as a surprise for him as it must be years since he's seen these blokes.hope you can help :D

As long as he doesn't have the internet and read it already on here should be an excellent surprise for Moggo, he was a little darling when he rode for Canterbury always got the 1st round in the bar afterwards, not many would do that!!!!! :approve:

Iris123, i dont know keef or his friends from california, or texacali, but in the recesses of that which is left of my brain, i seem to remember college girls.. has a certain ring to it anyway, cant remember why tho.. capn morgans rum erased a lot of things.. i know nothing.. ;) ahem.. as i watched the sun rise over the cortez sea, i looked at my boat anchored not far from me. from behind the bars on the window i see, some local bas**rds stealin my dingy from me.. i vowed revenge, right then and right there, to retrieve my dingy from those bas**rds theivin, pirate lair.. sandmans revenge is swift, and rightgeous indeed, i broke outta prison and cut their throats with exceptional speed..i got to my boat and made some headway,....( laughin at the mexican coast guard, who would have to wake up,) to fight another day..i gave em the finger as i caught a good breeze,... said hasta manana ,the yucatan,.. if ya please...if that.. doesnt give ya a license to chill, nothin ever will my friends.. :neutral: i once met stinky carruthers in mexicali bout 20 years ago iris123 does that count?

Ya gotta be careful out there though.Friend of mine was driving through Calexico,cruising along and the bu###rs chopped his arm off for the Rolex he was wearing.Thing is it was a dud bought from a fella from Singapore :oBut hey,the watch wasn't a problem he had planty more in the car it was just his hand was holding his passport at the time.Would have all worked out fine coz he also had plenty of passports only a pasty faced guy from the Donegal Gaeltacht can't pass as Jose Luis Fernando or Jesus Gonzalez,can he?The arm? No worries ,was dropped a few hundred yards away,just stuck in in the ice box and he already had good contact with a plastic surgeon in Santa Fé. B) Only deadlines have to be met and the people he was doing a job for don't take kindly to detours being taken even to re-attach loose limbs :(

Edited by iris123

the interior of ol mexico is still pretty safe, its the border towns that need to be avoided from what i have read. big fight for control of the drug trade with kidnappings and murder common place. citizens from any country can be a target. ive never had a problem, but hey, who in their right mind would wanna kidnap the ol sandman? aint got a pot to p*** in an it shows too.. not bein able to bathe in fresh water very often may put em off too.. stinky gringo.. :neutral:

thanks shazzybird hope a lot of people come for him as he's one of the true entertainers left in the game,and he still gets the drinks in when he's in the bar!!throughly nice bloke and deserves everything he gets!