British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kiwi

World Longtrack Grand Prix Final Round in NZ

Official attendance awaited, but now put between 8-10,000.  Both me and KPjr prefer short track team racing, but I'll certainly go next year (Ivan has the rights for another 2 years, I think) and make more of a weekend of it.

Wouldn't be good if it was in a nicer town though. Rosebank domain has meetings Sunday 16 and 23 Nov 1pm

Results

A Final: K Tatum (UK) Godden 1, G Riss (Germany) Jawa 2, R Barth (Germany) Godden 3, U Bos (Netherlands) Godden 4, M Krueger (Germany) Godden 5, O Allen (UK) Godden 6 (retd),  

Final B: R Loeding (Germany) Godden 1, B Diener (Germany) Jawa 2, S Tressarrieu (France) Godden 3, Z Schneiderwind (Czech Republic) Jawa 4, M Groen (Netherlands) Godden 5, B Karger (Denmark) Jawa 6.  

Final C(re-run): M Shirra (NZ) Jawa 1, E Janoschka (Germanty) Godden 2, T Pijper (Netherlands) Gooden 3, Chris Watson (Australia) G odden 4, S Taylor (NZ) Jawa 5, Craig Watson (Australia) Masek (fell) 6.  

KIWIPIRATE, suspect that all of those that you list as using Godden Motors, may well have been using GM motors, The godden motor being very much a thing of the past at the highest level.

This meeting is on SKY this week sometime but I'm buggared if I can find it in the listings, any ideas please?

Congratulations to Sir Kelv on winning this title for Britain x

The TV schedule is :

Friday 14 Nov at 7pm on Sky Sports Extra

11pm on Sky Sports 2

Saturday 15 Nov at 9am on Sky Sports 3

5pm on Sky Sports Extra

I cancelled my subscription until next season. :x :x :x

Races were all over by the first bend, only two races where riders changed postions. I wouldn't go to watch it every week.

went to my first Long track meeting in Germany and must say it was poor and won`t be rushing to go again next season. Seems like most meetings here have the same riders give or take a couple and it`s always going to be between Riss and Barth

went to my first Long track meeting in Germany and must say it was poor

The meetings on grass are generally entertaining, but I don't find the ones on genuine longtracks to be particularly interesting.

Tks for all the comments. I agree New Plymouth is not the most inspiring of places, but we were "lucky?" that the motel had cocked up our booking and we "accidentally" found a lovely little 2 bedroom cottage available right opposite Pukakura Park. Mrs KP loved it, and they even left a bottle of wine for us...

The Godden mounts were as listed on Ivan's web site... have to admit I raised an eyebrow as well...

Would love to see a short track GP in Wellington, but I guess an Australian round would also be needed to make it worthwhile...

Won't make it to Rosebank Rd - used to live in West Harbour, just up the road really!

the meetings on grass are generally entertaining, but I don't find the ones on genuine longtracks to be particularly interesting.

Saw the Bergring meeting from Teterow on TV this year and that was much better.hope to make next years meeting,especially if they have a meeting on the speedway track after,like this year!only trouble was that it clashed with the meeting at Güstrow just down the road.They only have a few meetings per year and 2 neighbouring towns don`t even co-ordinate with each other

Can someone please post the final positions for the series please xx

1. Robert Barth 131

2. Kelvin Tatum 120

3. Gerd Riss 98

4. Mathias Kröger 82

5. Zdnek Schneiderwind 65

6. Theo Pijper 64

7. Paul Hurry 58

8. Bernd Diener 58

9. Ralf Löding 54

10. Brian Karger 53

11. Uppie Bos 53

12. Enrico Janoschka 48

13. Stephane Tressarieu 43

14. Maik Groen 35

15. Stephan Katt 24

16. Antonin Svab 23

17. Herbert Rudolph 22

18. Andrew Appelton 18

19. Sirg Schützbach 16

20. Oliver Allen 13

21. Csaba Hell 6

22. Mitch Shirra 6

23. Shane Parker 4

24. Chris Watson 3

25. Christophe Dubernard 3

26. Sam Taylor 2

27. Craig Watson 1

Thanks for that German Speedway Fan much appreciated xx

My Uncle in NZ sent Dad a paper clipping from his local paper with a picture and write up of Ian Hoskins and Ivan Mauger. When he brings it down to my house I will scan it and post it on here for you all to have a look at xx

My Uncle in NZ sent Dad a paper clipping from his local paper with a picture and write up of Ian Hoskins and Ivan Mauger. When he brings it down to my house I will scan it and post it on here for you all to have a look at xx
click here

Sad we have to get old isn't it? Ivan looks a bit like Norman Wisdom now, or perhaps I should just go and put my glasses on. :lol: