Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Teams that might want to move up? CL to PL

my views are its time for a split....

Conference level is a great way for teams to be formed/re formed, and a great place to start on the speedway ladder for both Riders and teams.

but i feel that the CL is being held back from being a true "third division" by the "second" teams. with that i have no gripe against second teams, some of which have produced some quality riders for there PL/EL subsideries.

so to my proposal...

split the CL into two...."Stand alone" clubs and "second teams"

with the introduction of Weymouth, Norwich, and Possibly Leicester and Scunthorpe and maybe even Sittingbourne, along with Wimbledon, Buxton, Mildenhall, Boston and Carmathen would produce a league of 10 teams, which could fulfill there fixtures by riding each other twice home and away like in the EL,

leaving Armadale, Swindon, Wolves, Sheffield, Rye House, Trelawny, Stoke, Oxford, and Newcastle to contest the Conference Trophy,

and throw them all into the KOCup together.

that would give space within the system, for the likes of Reading, Kings Lynn, etc who all have expressed a wish to enter the CL/CT next term, and the ability for the clubs to have a CL season, and also bring on youngsters. :D

any thoughts then on a step up to a higher league would be easier for the "stand alone" clubs promotions to consider.