British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
howling gorgon

Weslake's

Did hear Don Godden was building engines again, though Kelvin surely won't be the man if his various injuries are still playing him up. Unless it's long track, because that apparently doesn't affect him! A modern-day miracle?

Edited by AndyM

TigerTom,

How on earth did you find your way onto here?

That aside, Tom is correct, here in Canada we are going to have a two heat "Weslake Challenge". It really is just a bit of fun, however, it will be a competitive race with prize money and we're hoping we are able to write the history books when we see four competitive Wessies on the start line together, some thirty years after their first appearance.

And by the way, Malcolm is correct, Lydden, 1974. The Weslake (speedway) story is told as part of my "Speedway Bike History" article on my website.

http://www.sliderphil.netfirms.com

Regards,

Phil

Did hear Don Godden was building engines again, though Kelvin surely won't be the man if his various injuries are still playing him up.  Unless it's long track, because that apparently doesn't affect him!  A modern-day miracle?

I believe that Kelvin Tatum will be riding a prototype Godden in this years Long Track along with another German rider.

A question for all you weslake fans. who's now the expert on rebuilding weslake's in the uk.

Pudding, just go have fun!....nice to see another old girl still running and being used for pleasure!

i do mate, having fun is what it's all about

A question for all you weslake fans. who's now the expert on rebuilding weslake's in the uk.

i think it should be me , due to the amout of time ive stripped & rebuilt it , i should be able to do it with my eyes shut ( just like my riding ) :lol:

You've got me thinking now mate. I wonder if there's any chance that Mrs Lt will let me mount a Jap in the bedroom.

is that a male or female jap or was it a chinese????? we will never know lol