British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lil Devil

The most naturally gifted rider

Per Jonsson

Not the best technical rider in the world, but certainly one of the most naturally gifted.

Another vote for Ronnie Moore

But what would Zenon Plech have achieved if he'd ridden in an era when there was some money in Polish speedway?

Two spring to mind instantly, Kelly "the jellyman" Moran and the original "PC" Peter Craven, although the latter "PC" Peter Collins wouldn't be out of the reckoning either.

Dennis Sigalos, Per Jonsson, Leigh Adams

My dad used to tell me that Tom Farndon was the cats whiskers. But He died before I was born. Though he actually died in the hospital where I was born. Miller General Hospital, Greenwich. Dad told me when he died there were crowds outside crying their eyes out. :cry:

Tom used to keep greyhounds so I dont think he was the cats whiskers.

Just the dogs b*****ks :!: :shock:;):D

Hey JB, do you ever use black and white medium in your art? Sandman

Now... I think something just went whoosh!! Right over my head..... Do you do paintings in black and white? And to keep this on thread, I think Tommy Jansson was the most gifted rider..... :)

Guest katieinsheff

the best rider ever is ricky ashworth he is the best looking 1 to then its adam allott n benji compton xxxxxx

Somehow I think katie is one of our younger members who has missed the point of the thread......

I love reading these threads guys even though I cant contribute. Keep them coming its really interesting to get different perspectives on past riders!

As good as he was, he was not a pontificating, pompous a** like so many are now a days.... He didnt believe in the hype that was laid upon him... By the way, this is not pointed at anyone ok? :!:

though I cant contribute.

Why not lioness? You must know who you thought was the most gifted natural rider. If we are talking most good looking rider Katie.... I might revise my choice to Tommy Jansson. (Seemed like a nice boy....:oops: )

Imo I've not been watching long enough to justify giving an opinion jblanch69. I expect everyone on here knows my choice for the sexiest rider tho :oops: :clown

As for you and Tommy Jansson well each to their own ;-) Btw why 69? :twisted: :clown

:lol:

Err..... ok I have a weird soh and was being silly.

Oh well I'll shut up again :-(

Err..... ok I have a weird soh and was being silly.

Oh well I'll shut up again  :-(

Don't do that Lioness, I at least, find many of your posts very amusing - crack open another tin of Irn-bru and hit that keyboard. :approve:

Don't do that Lioness, I at least, find many of your posts very amusing - crack open another tin of Irn-bru and hit that keyboard. :approve:

Agreed Kevin. 8)

Can I just say I thought it was a myth about how much Irn Bru gets drunk in Scotland however, the other Sunday when I went to Glasgow there were three empty bottles of the stuff visibly on display in the car we parked next to :lol::lol: :!:

Perhaps one of the Tigers fans had brought them along to trade in for Ross Brady :lol::lol::shock:

Thank you Kevin and Greybear for your kind comments :oops::)

Greybear if it was a red Toyota you were parked next to with all that irn bru in it it was probably mine! lol I usually go to Glasgow too.

Thanks again guys!