British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Future Looks Bright

Having read the Speedway Star feature on the Famous Five (one day), I have to say that I hope these guys can go to the top, and with the right backing I think they can, but but the BSPA, need to get behind these riders, and all the rest who are out there.

I think we heading in the right direction with the Academy and the Under 15's league long may it reign, but I hope they don't treat it like a quick fix and disband it after a few years.

Of the five featured I have seen three riding, young Josh I am not going to talk much about, as I have already said it on another thread.

Young Dennis I saw in the opening meeting at Scunthorpe, and he was really good for somebody of his age, I don't think he is that far away if not ready for a Premier League reserve place.

The lad Quinn, I have seen at the Sheffield training track and he looks a very tidy rider, given the chance he could do with a Conference League reserve berth, I think all he needs is someone to give him a chance at that level, on an extended basis.

The other two I have not seen, but they probably just as talented, either way all these boys need encouraging, so anyone out there who is thinking of sponsoring a rider , think about these boys, they may not be Elite Grand Prix riders, but they could be of the future, so get behind these boys, and the rest who have not been mentioned.

Spin King I assume you saw Richie Denis last night at reserve for Newcastle. I was wondering what you think now as you said you thought he may be ready for a reseve spot in the Premier.

I thought he didnt do to bad as he wasnt to far of the pace, and i assume that its the first time he has riden at Sheffield.

:)

I did see him at Sheffield, on Thursday, and if you read my little report on the Sheffield verus Newcastle you will see what I had to say about him.

I think for his age and experience the guy is going places, and I still say he could given a good run hold down a Premier League reserve berth. The guy has got talent and the way he held off Paul Cooper in heat 2 show exactly what he can do.

Good Luck to the Scorpians, lets hope you can get a win under your belt soon.

I think we will have to make the most of him this season as I have no doubt he is going places. Maybe Sheffield now that you have lost Kyle(sadly) to injury.

:)

Cookie Boy,

I would like to think that even if Richie moves permanently to the Premier League next season he will double down in the Conference League. Most riders do this, at least for one season, and it is only once they have a 4.50+ average at the end of a PL season that they can not ride in both the PL and the CL.

For his benefit I am sure that the extra rides for Scuthorpe would be good if he signed for a Premier League outfit.