British Speedway Forum
full-throttle

Under 15 Championship Qualifier

Does anyone know the full line-up?

The Weymouth website had this on their site:

The seven seeded riders invited to the opening round at Buxton are: Jack Butler, Daniel Greenwood, Rickylee Beecroft, Ryan Goodger, Brendan Johnson, Dan Kirkman and Kye Norton. There is one final place to be filled.

DATES AND VENUES:

Round 1: Buxton, Sunday, May 1 (follows Scunthorpe match which begins at 3pm).

Round 2: Armadale, Saturday, May 28 (2 pm).

Round 3: Weymouth, Monday, May 30 (to be advised).

Round 4: Newport, Sunday, June 5 (to be advised)

Round 5: Scunthorpe, Sunday, July 3 (follows Wimbledon match, to be advised).

Round 6: Sheffield, Thursday, September 22 (to be advised)

Final Round: Mildenhall, Sunday, October 2 (precedes Conference League Bronze Helmet, to be advised).

Riders seeded to all rounds of the championship are: holder Joshua Auty, Joe Haines, George Jarvis, George Piper, Ben Taylor, Ben Thompson, Chris Widman and Adam Wrathall.

Is Ben Hopwood the 16th or are there changes? Ben assured me he was riding on Sunday.

Edited by Scunny Stag

Guest Christophers Dad
George piper and me brendan johnson are riding :D  :D

It tells us that in the earlier post,best of luck :D

Guest Christophers Dad
Thx but he saied dose anyone know the full line up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Are you riding Weymouth ,as we might come down depending on where Oxford are riding.

Yes Christopher still rides at Oxford but on his own now :o

Guest Christophers Dad
Yes i am riding weymouth, this pastie is getting cold me dad saied

Im on a diet :mad:who do you think will win it then? Josh was flying at Scunthorpe a couple of weeks ago :o

He never called me about that bike so i presume you have sold it !

Scunny Stag - You actually had the answer to your own question.

Those taking part are :-

Joshua Auty, Joe Haines, George Jarvis, George Piper, Ben Taylor, Ben Thompson, Chris Widman, Adam Wrathall, Jack Butler, Daniel Greenwood, Rickylee Beecroft, Ryan Goodger, Brendan Johnson, Dan Kirkman and Kye Norton. There is one final place to be filled.

Scunny Stag - You actually had the answer to your own question.

Those taking part are :-

Joshua Auty, Joe Haines, George Jarvis, George Piper, Ben Taylor, Ben Thompson, Chris Widman, Adam Wrathall, Jack Butler, Daniel Greenwood, Rickylee Beecroft, Ryan Goodger, Brendan Johnson, Dan Kirkman and Kye Norton. There is one final place to be filled.

This week's Star suggests there are 9 seeds to all rounds and not the eight that were originally listed so I guess Ben Hopwood is the 9th. The other reason I asked about the final line-up for Sunday was it's been said that some riders might miss rounds because of grasstrack commitments.

I have given Peter Oakes all the important Youth Grasstrack dates way back and I can assure you all that the 9 seeded riders will be attending every round bar any injury. No championship dates will clash with important Grasstrack meets. The way the weather is at the moment and lack of commitment from the youth grasstrack clubs to put meetings on is playing into the speedway under 15's/league favour and reading between the lines, the number of kids wanting to take part in the speedway champs grows stronger every week.Todays 3rd page speedway star has mentioned a few of the stronger riders and the exciting battle between Auty and Taylor is about to resume after a seasons layoff.

I would like to add that Auty did run away from grasstrack to seek speedway fame because he was under alot of pressure from his oposition and competition was very fierce in the grasstrack pastures.Back then on the 2 strokes money buys power and combine this with skill then it brings the top riders closer.

On a 500 will the tuning matter,I think not because very few 15 yr old conference riders use all the power.The problems will be as usual in the pits/paddock between the parents and I hope that the individuals concerned can keep their views and jelousy to themselves and not spoil it for most as has happend in the past. This will be a year to remember, Neither Josh or Ben will give an inch.How do I know, because I have run and been clerk of the course at many recent youth grasstrack meets and as in the past the likes of Ben Barker and the countries current best Grasstrack riders will come up against the highly skillfull Auty and be defeated with ease.Am I an Auty fan-No!.Do I rate him, Yes!.

Phil and Dan (Cotswold Youth Grasstrack Club)

I have given Peter Oakes all the important Youth Grasstrack dates way back and I can assure you all that the 9 seeded riders will be attending every round bar any injury. No championship dates will clash with important Grasstrack meets. The way the weather is at the moment and lack of commitment from the youth grasstrack clubs to put meetings on is playing into the speedway under 15's/league  favour and reading between the lines, the number of kids wanting to take part in the speedway champs grows stronger every week.Todays 3rd page speedway star has mentioned a few of the stronger riders and the exciting battle between Auty and Taylor is about to resume after a seasons layoff.

I would like to add that Auty did run away from grasstrack to seek speedway fame because he was under alot of pressure from his oposition and competition was very fierce in the grasstrack pastures.Back then on the 2 strokes money buys power and combine this with skill then it brings the top riders closer.

On a 500 will the tuning matter,I think not because very few 15 yr old conference riders use all the power.The problems will be as usual in the pits/paddock between the parents and I hope that the individuals concerned can keep their views and jelousy to themselves and not spoil it for most as has happend in the past. This will be a year to remember, Neither Josh or Ben will give an inch.How do I know, because I have run and been clerk of the course at many recent youth grasstrack meets and as in the past the likes of Ben Barker and the countries current best Grasstrack riders will come up against the highly skillfull Auty and be defeated with ease.Am I an Auty fan-No!.Do I rate him, Yes!.

Phil and Dan (Cotswold Youth Grasstrack Club)

Hi Phil,

I hope any "differences" between the Grass track boys will be left outside of Speedway as last year the lads worked together in the pits and were rivals on the track. When George wrote off his bike at Sittingbourne Sam and Vince Hurst were quick to offer Sams second bike to George. The atmosphere in the pits was great and we had a lot of good times on the road. This spirit has continued and the 15 yr old riders now riding in the CL still have that spirit. It has been noted a few times

Long may that continue as this will bode well for the future of British Speedway :approve:

Good Luck to George Piper, Dan Kirkman & Brendan Johnson for the U15 Championships on Sunday ,

Ride well lads !!!

Alex & Ian :D