British Speedway Forum
full-throttle

Under 15 Championship Qualifier

Having read morganbike's post I have to say that it would be a real shame to see the bad side of the 'racing parent' mentality creep into youth Speedway. Having spent years at schoolboy MX meetings it was really refreshing for me to be part of a set up where the kids were doing the riding and thinking while the dads sorted the bikes out and didn't become involved in every little incident. As Steve says the vast majority of the kids in last years U15's got on really well, which is no surprise as the kids always do, but also the parents mixed well and there was none of the shouting and screaming about 'little Johnny knocking off my little Billy' that ruins youth Motocross. It seemed that everybody accepted that Speedway was a more professional sport and that the kids needed to sort things out for themselves, I would hope that attitude doesn't change because of past incidents in another sport.

Good luck to all taking part, George if you switch on and just get on with the riding you will do well.

Hi Vince,

Seems odd this season without you and Sam about. George has grown up a lot this season and seems much more foucused himself and is picking the people he wants around him

Im glad my comments have pricked up a few ears and I too hope it is a friendly atmosphere.Daniels ride in the first league match at Newport last season was very enjoyable and yes I agree the other riders and parents were helpfull and willing to encourage him along.The point I was making is that the possibility of sour meetings(not on track) is there and hopefully all the 'Grasstrackers' as they are called by the speedway fraternity will keep calm!.

Rumours of unhappy parents are already in circulation but at the end of the day its up to Peter Oakes as to who and when he puts riders in the league matches and the annual speedway academey.Respect for him needs to be paramount before you shout your mouths off!.Weather looks good for Buxton tomorrow,see you all there.

Phil

Best of luck to George Piper and Brendan Johnson (website going live soon) :P

have you put the order in for sunshine Jayne ?? see you later (really this time -but just me)

Just a reminder updates on this is ongoing at the moment Here

Texter: Full Throttle

Updater: Fozzie

Line up

Josh Auty 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 15

Joe Haines 2, 3, 2, 3, 3 = 13

George Jarvis 3, fx, 2, 1, 2 = 8

George Piper 2, 2, 2, 3, 1 = 10

Ben Taylor 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 14

Ben Thompson 1, 2, 2, 1, 2 = 8

Chris Widman 0, N, N, N = 0

Adam Wrathall 3, 3, 3, 2, 0 = 11

Daniel Greenwood 2, 1, 1, 1, R = 5

Dan Kirkman 1, 2, 1, 2, 3 = 9

Kye Norton 0, DNF, F, M = 0

Ben Hopwood 0, 2, 3, 2, 3 = 10

Simon Meakins 1, 1, 1, F, 1 = 4

Ryan Goodyear 2, 1, 1, 2, 0 = 6

Heat 01: Wrathall, Greenwood, Meakins, Widman 62.7

Heat 02: Jarvis, Piper, Thompson, Norton 63.4

Heat 03: Auty, Haines, Kirkman, Hopwood

Heat 04: Taylor, Goodyear 63.0

Heat 05: Wrathall, Hopwood, Norton DNF

Heat 06: Auty, Thompson, Meakins 58.4

Heat 07: Taylor, Kirkman, Greenwood, Jarvis fx 59.3

Heat 08: Haines, Piper, Goodyear 60.6 Widman N/s,

Heat 09: Wrathall, Thompson, Kirkman f rem 62.2

Heat 10: Taylor, Haines, Meakins, Norton fx awarded

Heat 11: Hopwood, Piper, Greenwood

Heat 12: Auty, Jarivs, Goodyear, Widman N/s

Heat 13: Haines, Wrathall, Jarvis

Heat 14: Piper, Kirkman, Meakins fell

Heat 15: Auty, Goodyear, Greenwood, Norton ex 2mins

Heat 16: Taylor, Hopwood, Thompson, Widman N/s

Heat 17: Auty, Taylor, Piper, Wrathall 57.0

Heat 18: Hopwood, Jarvis, Meakins, Goodyear fell 60.4

Heat 19: Haines, Thompson, Greenwood ef 61.8

Heat 20: Kirkman 63.0 1 rider only

Comments:

Heat 3: Goodyear in for Butler who got hurt when Johnson looped at start. In re-run crash on first bend all 4 back

Note 1: Beefcroft, Butler and Johnson all withdrawn for some reason or another

Note 2: Electrical failure so no times announced

Courtesy of Live Updates

Well done to Josh,

speedy recovery to Jack Butler Chris Widman and Brendan Jonson.

George was caught up in a bizzar situation in heat 8 his second ride when we were last out of the pits I was just about to push him out and the Ref Paul Ackroyd started the race with THE PIT GATE OPEN. We were lucky as I was just about to push him out and the pit marshall shut the gate as the three riders went past. We were not on two mins. After frantic pit phone conversations after the race the Ref stated that George was a non starter. That went down welll with George and myself as you can guess (would have looked good on Sky) With Peter Oakes talking to Paul he relented and re ran the heat with all 4 riders. That was not without a re-run with George and Joe Haines coming together on the first turn with George highsiding it and Chris Widman could not get his bike down in time and ran into the fallen George . George and Chris were down for a little while and George picked himself up to re focus and score 10 points nursing a swollen arm.

He should be OK for this afternoon at Weymouth, Just about to go out and sort the bike out it looks like its been in a war :(

Edited by Wildcat Steve

Nice to meet up with Steve and George again --with your hard working female mechanic (although not secretary as she forcefully pointed out when asked to copy my programme scores by Steve!!).

Interesting meeting and some great young talent to come through in the next few years.

I've upped George's acting skills from 9.8 to 9.9 reflecting on that heat 8 re-staging first bend pile up !!! He'll never get a 10 though!!

Hope things get better for you after the problems of the last week.

Laurence

can somone tell me what happened with jack butler please