2 Adam Wrathall 1*, 1*, 3, 1*

3 Andy Braithwaite 3, 2*, 1*

4 Ben Hopwood 2*, 3, 3

5 Tom Davies 0, 2*

Heat 1; auty, taylor, wrathall, jarvis (f) 62.14 3-3

Heat 2; braithwaite, hopwood, thompson (tt 15m), norton (fx) awarded 1-5 4-8

Heat 3; auty, taylor, wrathall, jarvis (fx) awarded 3-3 7-11

Heat 4; hopwood, butler, thompson, davies 64.78 3-3 10-14

Heat 5; wrathall, braithwaite, norton, buler (jarvis looped at gate) 65.16 1-5 11-19

Heat 6; auty, taylor, braithwaite, norton 61.13 3-3 14-22

Heat 7; hopwood, davies, thompson, butler 66.64 3-3 1-5 15-27

Heat 8; auty, taylor, wrathall, thompson 60.98 3-3 18-30

amazing to think that Josh Auty was recording times only 2.8 seconds slower than the full meetings, and at 14! this kid given the right support could be really good- best I've ever seen at that age, hope he continues the progress. on a wider note, really pleased with this fixture, there must be 30/40 under 16's coming through, i think in 5 years the brit scene may be much improved, hopefully all the way up to the highest level!

Am I right in thinking that the heat format is:-

1 2 v 1 2

3 4 v 3 4

1 2 v 1 2

4 5 v 4 5

2 3 v 2 3

1 3 v 1 3

4 5 v 4 5

Nominated.

If so, what a dreadful format. If you look at it, everyone is racing against there opposite number in every single race.

Taylor for Cobras never got to win a race because he was against Auty EVERY race!

Meanwhile Cobra Hopwood gets a maximum by having no real opposition. What is he learning if he isn't allowed to test himself against the better riders?

There's got to be a better format.

Does anyone have any news on the lad that looped at the start? Sad to report he seemed to have suffered a bad injury. It took a long time to get him into a neck brace and it looked like a spinal board from where I was. Also saw a 'proper' ambulance (paramedics) when i was leaving the stadium. Hope it was all a precaution, and he's okay. :(

On a positive note Josh was a class apart. Very impressive. :)

Well Done to Josh, and all the other riders who took part, this is the best thing to happen to British Speedway in some time.

Hope the young guy who was injuried is okay, and not suffered any serious injury.

Well Done to Josh, and all the other riders who took part, this is the best thing to happen to British Speedway in some time.

Hope the young guy who was injuried is okay, and not suffered any serious injury.

quick note on the young guy that looped last night (george jarvis) he was allowed home from hospital after about an hour and is ok,and thanks for asking from steve georges uncle.

Thanks for the update. I was quite concerned for him. It was certainly a heavy fall. Great news he's okay. :)

does anybody know the next date for the academy league?

No news yet.This weekend sees 2 rounds of the championship and as the league matches were scheduled for school holidays then it is possible something may happen next week.If not then mid July seems likely.

Phil