British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest starman

Carmarthen --Sunday 15th

Guest starman

I see that Carmarthen are staging a big CL open meeting on the Sunday after Cardiff and I think this will be a great chance for genuine speedway fans to go and support them.

Crowds have not been flocking down to the Showground despite it being a great little set up down there and I hope that despite losing money again the Meakins family can keep it going.

With a bumper crowd that day it may be enough to keep the track open next year --so let's see if we can fill the place that afternoon and put a smile on the Carmarthen promotion's faces ---THEY DESERVE IT !!

They are talking about selling advance tickets but I've heard nothing on that for a while and the local hotels were planning to offer a special package for those going to Cardiff and going on to the meeting at teh Showground on the Sunday. I'll see if there's any news on that and post it.

SO DON't FORGET ---Cardiff on the Saturday and Carmarthen on the Sunday!!!

Aint ya all coming to the Welsh Open?.

Robbo :D

Guest starman

nope. I think that Carmarthen deserve the support of the world of speedway. You can only admire the Meakins family for what they have done --so let's fill the place on Sunday June15th ---it just could keep the track alive.

Camarthen is a better race track, no MX berms there for riders to dodge.

Guest starman

Camarthen is a better race track, no MX berms there for riders to dodge.

does that mean you'll be there Dekker ???

does that mean you'll be there Dekker ???

Nope my welsh speedway fix apart from cardiff will likely be the glasgow match the night before the GP

Ask any Exeter fan about todays track or rider and they will say it was fine.

Would love to go and support Carmarthen's meeting but unfortunately Coventry have a match against Oxford at 6pm. so we will be going there as usual on our way back from Cardiff.

Guest starman
Would love to go and support Carmarthen's meeting but unfortunately Coventry have a match against Oxford at 6pm. so we will be going there as usual on our way back from Cardiff.

well you could always do your bit by sending them the entrance money !!