British Speedway Forum

The last time I posted this topic some 10 days ago it was removed by the moderator because they said it was a secret and I was not to overstep the so called boundries of trust ?.So Piper comes out with it,and is nominated so it must be OK to post now !.

As far as I know (99 %) the Riders who have been selected for Cardiff so far are

Josh Auty

Ben Tailor

Joe Haines

Adam Wrathall

George Piper

George Jarvis

If this selection is based on the top 8 after 3 rounds then this leaves Ben Hopwood and Daniel Greenwood to be nominated as they have scored the points to achieve this reward.Obviously the powers that be may have an influence on the choice of the last 2 riders but my fingers are crossed for Daniel

Phil

On my calculations from three rounds the top 8 would be:

Auty 51 pts

Taylor 45 pts

Piper 38 pts

Hopwood 35 pts

Jarvis 31 pts

Greenwood 28 pts

Thompson 27 pts

Wrathall 27pts

Haines only has 18 pts

Scoring system is based on a Grand Prix system of 17 for the round winner and then 15 downwards from second place to 16th place. My understanding is that some of last years U15s have been selected, so this years standings don't seem to have any bearings on the selection.

Horseshoe,the following riders have been confirmed and have had written conformation from Peter Oakes but I CANNOT PUT 100% ON them attending because there may be an illness etc as to why they may not be able to attend.Only Auty from last year is competing in this years under 15's.Please share your information about selection of last years competitors for the last 2 places at Cardif because they are over 15 as of March 1st 2005 ! Any news on the reserves ?

Josh Auty

Ben Tailor

Joe Haines

Adam Wrathall

George Piper

George Jarvis

If this selection is based on the top 8 after 3 rounds then this leaves Ben Hopwood and Daniel Greenwood to be nominated as they have scored the points to achieve this reward.Obviously the powers that be may have an influence on the choice of the last 2 riders but my fingers are crossed for Daniel

My reply was to demonstrate that the selection could not have been made on the top 8 of this years series as you indicated.

Only Auty from last year is competing in this years under 15's.

In fact Josh is not the only rider from last years series competing, he is accompanied by Piper, Hopwood, Thompson and Widman.

Please share your information about selection of last years competitors for the last 2 places at Cardif because they are over 15 as of March 1st 2005

My understanding is that the selection will be from the riders who qualify for the Academy League which are under 16. It is not fair or just that any information that I am party to should be shared on this website until it is officially announced. I am sure the young men concerned and Peter Oakes will let people know when they are good and ready. B)

(Quote) Peter Oakes on Saturday at Armadale in the programme,

'Eight youngsters will race as part of the major pre-meeting entertainment at Cardiff's Millenium Stadium.Auty,Taylor,Wrathall,Haines,Piper have already been invited to race and the remaining 3 places will be filled early next week - after tonight's Armadale meeting and the 3rd round at Weymouth on Monday Eve.'

George Jarvis was confirmed on Monday at Weymouth

(Quote)My reply was to demonstrate that the selection could not have been made on the top 8 of this years series as you indicated

The obvious choices for Cardiff were plain before 2005 riders even turned a WHEEL.Oakes wants to put on a good show with close racing and if this year is ahit then hopefully it will continue. Its no good putting riders out who are a lap behind by the end of the race !

If your predictions of last years under 15's and the Academy league being involved is correct then how can the above statement from Oakes be announced.

(Quote)It is not fair or just that any information that I am party to should be shared on this website until it is officially announced.

This is why we post on the open forum to express our knowledge and information.Dont lead people astray !

The last time I posted this topic some 10 days ago it was removed by the moderator because they said it was a secret and I was not to overstep the so called boundries of trust ?.So Piper comes out with it,and is nominated so it must be OK to post now !.

Seems by the tone of your post like you have a problem with George/Steve Piper, check the post and you will see it was me and not him who posted the information once we had been given the go ahead!

You could so easily of ruined the suprise for some of these riders who hadn't all been confirmed in writing, timing and tact go a long way :P Some of these kids may never get the chance to ride in this superb stadium again for one reason or another, I hope the British and Speedway public get behind each and every one of them on the day.

Why did I post and not George, simple as I have taken over the PR side scouting around for sponsors etc to help a young ambitious kid make the grade in a tough sport. With all the irons in the fire steadily coming into place a very good set up will hopefully be at George and Steve's disposal for next season :approve:

The written confirmation for the 5 riders quoted was sent out some three weeks ago and I am personally involved with them all in some way or another.Steve Piper and George are very good friends of mine and I have no grudge to bear with them at all ask Steve !.

(Quote) 'You could so easily of ruined the suprise for some of these riders who hadn't all been confirmed in writing'

They were all confirmed at the same time and the chances of me ' changing the suprise' by posting was not possible as it was some 8 days after the letters were sent out !.

Tell me how many of these riders apart from George do you know personally of anything at all about them ?.

The written confirmation for the 5 riders quoted was sent out some three weeks ago and I am personally involved with them all in some way or another.Steve Piper and George are very good friends of mine and I have no grudge to bear with them at all ask Steve !.

It's just the way you typed 'Piper' rather than Steve or George, wasn't sure if you were getting at either or not, glad your friends which is what this sport at this level should be all about, each helping the other.

They were all confirmed at the same time and the chances of me  ' changing the suprise'  by posting was not possible as it was some 8 days after the letters were sent out !.

Sorry but I beg to differ on this as Peter Oakes had asked for nothing to be made public, we only went public after receiving a confirmation email.

Tell me how many of these riders apart from George do you know personally of anything at all about them ?.

I know a few of them, I don't really see what you are getting at with that question, if you check out my website you will see that I currently run Brendan Johnson's website as well as George's. In fact I follow the Under 15's closer and with more interest than any of the other leagues.

Last season I was present at several of the rounds and presented the Weymouth round. These kids are the future life and blood of the sport we all love and personally I have more time for them than I do for many other aspects of the sport which I won't go into on here, maybe catch up with you at Newport on Sunday and we can put the World to right over a coke or two?

There will also be a big announcement shortly if permission is granted but rest assured it will be posted here first for all to see.

:blink:

'Eight youngsters will race as part of the major pre-meeting entertainment at Cardiff's Millenium Stadium.Auty,Taylor,Wrathall,Haines,Piper have already been invited to race and the remaining 3 places will be filled early next week - after tonight's Armadale meeting and the 3rd round at Weymouth on Monday Eve.'

My point, no mention of u/15 only. Please wait for the official annoucement and well done to the lucky riders.

Edited by Horseshoe

The local paper in Weymouth say that Lewis Bridger is also one of the lucky lads to be gracing the hallowed shale of the Millenium Stadium.

Would be a great shame if these lads are racing at 5.30 and not during the main event. Thought i read that some where on here.

The local paper in Weymouth say that Lewis Bridger is also one of the lucky lads to be gracing the hallowed shale of the Millenium Stadium.

Would be a great shame if these lads are racing at 5.30 and not during the main event. Thought i read that some where on here.

Be a bigger shame if we didnt get any photos of it for our web site :wink::wink::wink::wink:

WTG good luck George Piper have fun xxx

Only one more rider to to make the eight complete.My guess is Bates but Waldron,Lambert,Cotham,Campos,Hughes and Hurst could be nominated ! Apologies if I have missed out any possible nominations

Predicted 1st heat

Auty

Taylor

Bridger

?

2nd Heat

Haines

Wrathall

Piper

Jarvis

Edited by morganbike

Be a bigger shame if we didnt get any photos of it for our web site :wink: