British Speedway Forum

Okies maybe we will use the Park and ride..!

Is it signposted and how much does it cost, what time do the run til?

Okies maybe we will use the Park and ride..!

Is it signposted and how much does it cost, what time do the run til?

We have used the Park & Ride at Ninian Park before. It is signposted and cost £5 I think.

Plenty buses after the meeting. But even if you're intending staying in the City Centre for a while afterwards, I don't think a taxi to the car park would break the bank.

Enjoy the weekend everyone :)

Alternatively, park in my street and get the train from Newport.

Parking is free, my mother will keep an eye on your cars and most importantly you p**s all my neighbours off into the bargain! :D:P

Alternatively, park in my street and get the train from Newport.

Parking is free, my mother will keep an eye on your cars and most importantly you p**s all my neighbours off into the bargain! :D  :P

Jills doing just that, only in my street :D

should i park it in a really stupid place like last time shawn so you have to get up and move it ( i dont do outside in jamies ) :wink::rolleyes::P

I think you should park it outside moanys house, lets see how he copes with that when nobody gets up to answer the door as we all have hangovers. :lol::approve:

Just park in the street by the football stadium, it's free. If you go into the city from the west rather than turning off as soon as you see a Cardiff sign you can avoid the worst of the traffic. Also if you're going straight home after, go out that way or you will end up queueing for an hour to get out of the city centre. Going out initially to the west you jump striaght on the main roads, and sail past all the poor sods still trying to get anywhere near a motorway. The park & ride is fine, but you might as well walk. By the time you've waited for a bus, it's loaded up, and then got into the centre you could be there. Especially after the meeting there are hundreds trying to get on the buses, although it's well organised. It's only a 15 minute stroll to walk it. I've done this the last couple of years and it's been a breeze.

;)

......If your looking to get home after the meeting, the best thing to avoid traffic congestion is to park at Newport station (£3.60 return to Cardiff and 20mins) then after the meeting you won't have to get into the traffic jams.

The railways run a virtual shuttle service so you can be back into Newport within 30mins if you want,

I'll try that this time CedarMan, thanks.

One question though........I've got the train times from National Rail Enquiries. They show just 2 trains after 10.00pm from Cardiff, 22:20 and 23:30. Are they putting on more? We may need to catch the 23:30 as Mrs Mylor's lung problems slow her down somewhat.

PS........long stay parking, is there some within easy walking distance of the station in Newport?

Edited by Mylor

PS........long stay parking, is there some within easy walking distance of the station in Newport?

Almost opposite the station, just before it infact. NOT the car park opposite the station, AFAIK, that one closes at 10pm.

The entrance is just on the roundabout on the top right and the station is in the middle of this

Edited by SCB

Thanks SCB, much appreciated.