British Speedway Forum

I knew that because I didn't hear "class personified", "pillar to post" or "knife through butter" once tonight.

I knew that because I didn't hear "class personified", "pillar to post" or "knife through butter" once tonight.

Oh yeah...

..see what you mean

:D:D

Not entirely related to this subject, but did anyone notice that Edward Kennett was shown as Edward Kenneth in the graphics. Hell, BSI are a British company, you'd think they could get the British guys' names right.

Edited by Subedei

Yeah I saw that and also I know there will be a seperate thread that will go on ages about this but Kelvin, Billy, Sam and Keith were all slating Nikki P once more in the studio

Much of my opinions re: Crumpy and tonight have been voiced already - obvisouly he is going to be upset at the night he had but of the 3 exlcusions, the last 2 were right in my view (even if the first was a disgrace) and he should feel frustrated at himself rather than blaming his bad night entirely on the ref.

I have to confess to not exactly being a big Nikki Ped fan but at least, after an equally bad night, he was big enough to give Sky an interview (even if he talked crap during it) rather than picking up his kitbag and crying off like JC did. I remember a GP from abroad somewhere a year or so ago where Crumpy had a poor night and was caight of camera sat in a corner somewhere, he looked up and saw the camera before 'flicking the vees' at the camera.

These aussies - they don't like it up em do they?

;-)

p.s. Shame Scottie coudln't quite do it tonight- he even crashed simply from trying to hard in the semi, when rolling off the throttle a bit would have kept him on the bike. Hard luck fella. I'm sure he'll be back.

Television, live television, is now part of speedway and all of us want this. As far as the top riders goes, in fact all riders on television, giving interviews is now part of the job, whether they have won or lost. No rider should ever snub the cameras, they are proffesional sportsmen who have supporters, sponsers etc. The mechanic tonight who gave the abuse should stick to his job what he is paid to do. And before anyone says my comments are anti-Crump, there is nothing more i would have loved to have seen than Crump to have won tonight (Apart from the Brits).

Yeah I saw that and also I know there will be a seperate thread that will go on ages about this but Kelvin, Billy, Sam and Keith were all slating Nikki P once more in the studio

That's cos he's an asshole !

;-)

In fairness, Crump gave an interview after his 1st exclusion. I thought his 1st 2 exclusions were harsh - if you replace Hancock with Nicki P you get a different story I think.

But this is what Sky are looking for. They followed Crump and Pedersen like hounds chasing a fox. Both camps to a degree responded in an unfavourable light. And that's exactly what Sky wanted. Just like Jonsson got caught out at Eskilstuna.

In fairness, Crump gave an interview after his 1st exclusion. I thought his 1st 2 exclusions were harsh - if you replace Hancock with Nicki P you get a different story I think.

But this is what Sky are looking for. They followed Crump and Pedersen like hounds chasing a fox. Both camps to a degree responded in an unfavourable light. And that's exactly what Sky wanted. Just like Jonsson got caught out at Eskilstuna.

His 1st exlcusion was a joke. Pure and simple. I tihnk his 2nd was justifyable and his 3rd was a nailed on exclusion. Sky chased him because he's the world champ.

The fact is whether it's fair or not, NP will get stick for any race where an incident occurs that he's involved in simply becuase he has got 'form' for it. Incidents seem to follow him around - including tonight. Don't get me wrong, Nikki is good for the sport from a publicity and on the terraces point of view because he polarises opinion but, at the politest, he's a hard rider. He's the modern day Kenny Carter - fiercly competitive but will stick you in the fence if he gets the chance.

Well put. I was looking for a way to reply but you did a better job than I. Crump has calmed down too much for my liking. The pre world champ Crump would have been blowing a gasket after the first exclusion and not giving a calm interview!

As for the ref, referees in football get demoted when they mess up. I suggest that that tool takes the exam again and sticks to league racing until he gets the hang of it :angry:

Edited by Crump99

Crump is the one who is the disgrace. He's supposed to be the World Champion, he's meant to represent the sport and instead he acts like a petulant little baby just because he was excluded. I saw a few riders have decisions against them, but they didn't cry or bully the sky crew, they actually gave an interview and acted like professionals. Jason Crump is a total disgrace and a black eye on the world of speedway with his childish fits.

i totaly, agree. my 4 year old son behaves better,hes suposed to be world. champ, of speedway, not world champ of temper tantrums.

he needs to behave, is speedwaya family sport, should he not set a example, like tony r, or any of the other riders who had things go against them,

well i think, mr crump is the worst champ we have had for years,just my view tho, the way he behaves, not good for the sports image tho

TR often pushes cameras away with his hand. He did it tonight as he walked to his bike for the semi or final.

Guest CR500 Dude

Spot on Dave this posting and the other usual comments from the grandstand computer commandos..."These aussies - they don't like it up em do they?" will be dealt with in the usual manner printed off on a piece of soft tissue A4 and the next time i go for a dump using to it to wipe my arse with!!!!

you are correct in what you say about him being the current world champion,however you are far from correct in stating he acted like a petulant little baby,as far as I can recall he acted in a professional manner in trying circumstances,perhaps I missed it but what did Crumpy do wrong?

I do take umbridge with your sweeping statement of saying he is a disgrace and a black eye on the world of speedway,unfounded,unwarrented and a pure figmant of your tiny immagination.

Good luck to Tony who looks odds on to take another world title,the only bad thing is that the grand prix series looks all but over in early June.

A big thank you to all the supporters who came into the collectors fayre today.

Edited by CR500 Dude

Spot on Dave this posting and the other usual comments from the grandstand computer commandos..."These aussies - they don't like it up em do they?" will be dealt with in the usual manner printed off on a piece of soft tissue A4 and the next time i go for a dump using to it to wipe my arse with!!!!

So I take it you condone his actions eh?