British Speedway Forum

personally i think it was to early for some of these kids was to young for them to have a few rides before the gp. okz a lot of them enjoyed it and that but it got to one that i nowho was riding there for many reasons. but generally i think it was to early to put some of them on that sort of stage!

Of course it was right to see these young lads riding at the GP, Everybody on this forum knows the lack of talent coming through the speedway ranks in Britain at the moment, and whilst this may take a few more years to flourish these kids need help, sponsorship, and most of all knowledge, and putting them on a stage like this will give them this or at least set them on their way to know what it takes!! I for one enjoyed seeing them continue thier development at the GP and I hope it will continue in years to come. ;)

It was great to see the kids ride before the GP - what an experience for them all - I'm glad my Wife & I arrived early enough to see the 2 heats as we didn't know about it.

It would have been good to put the heats in the programme as well as we didn't know who was riding until I read the posts on the forum today.

Well done to the 8 riders - all looked good out there :)

personally i think it was to early for some of these kids was to young for them to have a few rides before the gp. okz a lot of them enjoyed it and that but it got to one that i nowho was riding there for many reasons. but generally i think it was to early to put some of them on that sort of stage!

Despite the fact that this post is almost completely unreadable, it is also some of the most nonsensical drivel I have ever read.

Moronic :mad:

Of course it is good for the youngsters to have a ride, it is an experience that every rider would enjoy and if there is pressure then it is a good opportunity to get used to it. Judging by the way the track improved during the evening they should have had a full scale junior meeting before the main event.

maybe a few more rides, for the riders to get used to the track a bit more.

I was gutted to miss the lads riding round, why did they not put them on during the interval they probably would of done more use on the track than the tractors did :wink:

Well done to all the lads I hear that the practise on the friday was excellent and the youngsters really enjoyed themselves xx

The track would have beneifited from more heats, which would have given the youngers a better opportunity to show there ability.

No question that it was the right thing to do, but why was it so early in the program?

Lewis underlined his talent with a time that compared favourably to those recorded in the GP. :)

It was wonderful to see the amount of preperation these lads had put in. They were beautifully turned out, both bikes and riders, looking every bit as professional as the GP guys. Friday practice must have been awsome for them, mixing with the likes of TR, Adams and Hancock. Wouldn't it be nice to know who gave them the most advice?

I do hope that BSI invite them again, and yes, a couple of heats and a final would be just about right.

It was wonderful to see the amount of preperation these lads had put in. They were beautifully turned out, both bikes and riders, looking every bit as professional as the GP guys.
It was great to see the effort put in, but what many forget it this kids only have their family and a couple of sponsors to help with costs, so it shows how dedicated they all are by the way they conducted thereselves throughout. It was a pleasure to help in a small way and I look forward to seeing them ride at Cardiff again in the future.

Friday practice must have been awsome for them, mixing with the likes of TR, Adams and Hancock. Wouldn't it be nice to know who gave them the most advice?
Too numerous to name would guess? Seriously I watched several of the lads talk to the 'stars', Henka, Kelvin Billy H, Floppy etc were all happy to talk as they walked past the junior end of the pits that was situated right by the exit to the Pits car park.

I do hope that BSI invite them again, and yes, a couple of heats and a final would be just about right.
100% agree, Peter Oakes did a fantastic job getting this sorted out in the first place. He told the boys what he expected and the timings etc, all responded in a professional manner which would put many others to shame.

The juniors are the future, some of the names in the Under 15's Championship will be household names in years to come, personally I can't wait to see one or more qualify for the SGP in the future.

The Junior scene had a foot on the ladder last year now it is climbing higher, getting noticed in the right places and by the right people.

With regards to riders help etc I know when Josh came off in practice he was most impressed that Ryan Sullivan had gone over to see if he was OK. I am sure that just being on the same track as the GP riders was a real boost to their confidence.

Can't think of any reason why it would be wrong for under-15s to put on exhibition rides at Cadiff. Seems wholly admirable to me, much in the same way that Andy Smith and Joe Screen first came to my attention by riding as 15-year olds at Belle Vue and Coventry respectively.

No it was not unfair, gives them some decent publicity, and it was just a pity that Sky could not have shown them racing, as an armchair viewer I would have loved to have seen these boys ride.

I cant believe some people come out with such crap! I think this was the best thing britain has done to promote these youngsters. I would have loved to ride in front of so many people at Cardiff!!! I dont see any disadvantages to us youngsters riding at big events like this and it is great for us to be able to promote our local sponsors in front of a national even worldwide crowd. For example, i was told George Piper had been bought new covers especially for the occasion.

Madgers