British Speedway Forum

Yes George was bought new covers and Matching Kevlars thanks to Anglo Polish Agency, Mad Web Design and Malcolm Hogg of SF Raceware for doing them so quickly also to Havvy for sorting it for us.

Georges break down was one of those annoying things and we were gutted for him.

Its a shame because we have very few breakdowns and prepared so carefully.

George had a good day at the practice and was well up for it.

We had improved our equipment for the day and set ups many thanks to Terry Brown (Toms Father) for the hours spent in Toms workshop.

Yesterday had a long chat with Georges sponsors and are looking to upgrade Georges kit again and our approach.

A lot learned by us all off the track as well as on it.

Many thanks to Peter Oakes and all who made it happen :approve:

A very big thankyou to Tom Browns Mum Lynda for putting up with us all since thursday and the speedway mayhem :rolleyes: Your the real star :wink:

Edited by Wildcat Steve

Well said Madgers. It certainly spurred Jamie on to train harder his comment was "If I train hard I could be out there in a couple of years time". So if he was saying that wonder how many of the other Junior/trainee riders thought the same.

Lets hope this will now be a permenant fixture.

Well done lads, you were all great.

I have complaints about the U15's being included at Cardiff. These are quite simply: -

1. WHY so early? Okay you can see they couldn't be on immediately before the GP started but at least let them race at 6pm when more people will see them

2. WHY do people always trot out the 'its too soon' line when talking about promising youngsters? If we continue to wrap them in cotton wool then no blinkin wonder we are miles behind other countries these days. They were riding against riders of similar ability and EARNED their chance. As I say just a pity it wasn't an hour later.

Well done to those who arranged it this year (at long last). More power to ya and I hope it becomes a regular event. Maybe next year we can also persuade Sky to show a couple of clips in the build up to show that the future is bright?

I'm sure all the lads involved would have enjoyed it - I certainly hope they did!

I think it was a fantastic idea for the under 15s to have a ride. I even left the pub early to make sure i was there to watch it! It would have been nice for them to have been able to have a few more races- but im sure just the one was still such an experience! Well done guys!

Agree with Nikki - blink and it was over.

But what a fantastic experience. Champions in the making.

Give them the sweet smell of success I say! :D

I didn't even get to the pub!!

I made a point of making sure I was inside the stadium, drink sorted by the time they came out and I am glad I did.

I agree with others, it is never too soon for our youngsters to experience a chance like that, and I for one, look forward to seeing some of them taking part in the GP's in the future.

Just if it could be a little later next year...and a few more heats please.

Thanks Sue,

Seems like it was a hit with almost everyone.

Lets hope they expand on it next year. Will be interesting to see if other nations follow our lead :wink:

Now that sounds nice British Speedway taking the lead in Junior developement :approve:

Edited by Wildcat Steve

Whilst the two under 15 races were rather processional, I definately think it is a good idea to introduce these youngsters into such an event. Hopefully there will more junior races next year and less bland musical entertainment.

The singing was appaling!!! :mad: i want to see great racing from the youngsters!!! :D

:( Think they made a big mistake with the choice of group this year. The point was proved when Scott etc came out on track to inspect it and THEN the crowd went wild. I do actually like Bjorn Again but NOT at the GP.

Yes more races from the juniors next year please. Also a little bit later as I doubt there were more than 10,000 in the stadium when they were racing.

Course it was right! As been said, the dudes that run it could of put them on the track a little bit later because not everyone wants to be sat down by 1730/1800 ish.. I spoke to Lewis and he absolutely loved it, so there's definately no reason why they shouldn't have had them on the track!!

Guest Christophers Dad
Did not know you could here me from the pits  :o:D

We heard you in Fairford it was awlfull,stopped the Kingfishers laying :D:lol:

I heard the singing at Oxford. Thought of entering him in CHRISTCHURCH COLLEGE CHOIR.

ALL THE BEST

NOBBY