British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Your All-time Hero..and Why

I used to enjoy the rivalry with Newport in those days sidders. Crump, Herne and the pantomime villain, Gresham. Their friendly and noisy fans, the crap track at Somerton Park...

Yes agree ER,Streety when i see him a nice guy signed Autogaphs always looked old what a legend he was took speedway forward to another level.Crump senior legend for me mega a legend my hero Newport i think going back to Swindon v Newport with Crumpy, Streety, Herne, Tebby Trigg Coles we did lose quite a few to them i am sure they hammered us once at home?

I could make the point that the Neil Street 4-Valve Engine was the commencement of the ruination of Speedway.

• Like 1

I could make the point that the Neil Street 4-Valve Engine was the commencement of the ruination of Speedway.

i agree - and once the genie was out of the bottle along came a host of expensive stuff that has added nothing

• Like 1

i agree - and once the genie was out of the bottle along came a host of expensive stuff that has added nothing

Precisely ch958. :t: