British Speedway Forum
stressed

Millennium Dream Shattered

The dream of a lifetime ended more as a nightmare all due to an electrical fault. With the bike running well during the previous afternoons race and showing no signs of any problems George had only one thing in mind, that was to win his race. Alas this was not the case with his machine spluttering to a halt on the back straight on the second lap while he was in 2nd position.

Once he had calmed down and accepted that these things happen to the best riders in the world as well, George reflected “I just wanted to put on a good show and win my race to say thanks to my sponsors and supporters who had made the trip to Cardiff. Thanks to you all for all the support you have given me, also thanks to Dad who bought trophies for Josh, Ben and myself for the Under 15’s round at Weymouth as we didn’t receive any on the day. So much has gone on today thanks to Peter Oakes and BSI it is something that I will never forget and hope to be back here one day winning races.”

CLICK to read the story and see the pics :: >>>HERE

Was very unfortunate and I felt gutted for him, can imagine what was said under the helmet!

Although unfortunately I don't think he would have passed the guy in front, far too slick at that point.

Yes have to agree SC.

George looked very quick in practice the day before seemed a lot slicker on the day maybe should have altered his bike slightly anyway. amazing how different the track was. Still a lot learned and a great weekend all round :approve: