British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Ekstra Liga - 03-07-05

Anyway, what I find interesting about Polish league racing is the apparent clarity of the rules. You touch the tapes, or exceed the 2 minute allowance and it's a 3 man race - you're out of it. Doesn't allow for any smart tactical moves by a manager to buy time, etc. And the good old fashioned tactical rules - you're 6 behind after Ht 4 and you can replace a rider with another rider.

To me, it makes sense. How about anyone else?

Makes perfect sense to me, in twenty odd years of watching speedway, I have never understood reserve replacements for tapes/two minutes.

As for Tactical rides :mad::mad::mad:

I see there was a bit of a scuffle between Holta and the Kasprzaks :o

Well, I struggle with Polish, but Holta was excluded (I think) from a race involving K Kasprzak, so I guess Holta and Kasprzak had a coming together.

Seems the father and a mechanic were also involved.Holta had a swollen face afterwards,giving an interview.Happening all too often at the moment,sadly :(

Well, maybe the Polish authorities will make an example of them. They seem to act pretty decisively and pretty quickly.

And its reported Kasparzak is out of the Poole match with an injury - we are on about the same Kasparzak aren't we :blink:

... I thought it a good effort from Zielona Gora against a super-powerful Tarnow team. When TR and TG are in form, they're going to make life virtually impossible for any team

Finally my blood pressure is back to where it shoud be :)....Overall a great meeting and a lot of passing and fighting. Judging by the score one should be happy that ZG fought hard and gave Tarnow a hard time. But in fact the meetng left some bitterness as ZG was gating well and winning majority of the starts while losing points in the field. In heat 14 Kolodziej passing the slow veteran Swist to grab 3rd place possibly cost us the meeting as 5 seconds earlier Rico passed J.Gollob to give Zielona Gora a short lasting 4:2 score. Next up ZG hosts Czestochowa...another thrashing... :sad:

Edited by tommy

Guest Dog
Here's hoping Dog comes back and gives us his insights into the meeting. I thought it a good effort from Zielona Gora against a super-powerful Tarnow team. When TR and TG are in form, they're going to make life virtually impossible for any team.

The match was really dramatic. Rickardsson fighted wonderful. He must be the world champion...but....in 8th race he finished after Alan Marcinkowski. It was a big suprice because Alan is third, maybe second young rider in Zielona Gora and it was his first such a good match. After this race Rickardsson congratulated Alan...he made a good impession on me and I wish him all the best.

Tomasz Gollog (3,3,d,3,3)..I'm not sure it was a defect i his third race. He was the last and I think he dindt want to make 0...he prefered "d" than 0..but it's only my opinion.

On the whole Gollob was booned by fans. In last time it's a standard in Poland. People don't believe him, he is very contoversial...

Yes, I knew a chap in Torun and he could barely stand TG. But that's not so surprising, since Torun and Bydgoszcz are such rivals. And my lovely assistant, ZKZ Kitten also told me TG gets a hostile reception when he comes to Zielona Gora.

Well, thanks for your input Dog. Hope to see you next time.

Edited by Subedei

And to close off the weekend's Ekstra Liga action, here are the current top 10 in the averages (last week's position and average in brackets):

1..(1)..R Sullivan..Czestochowa..10.37..(10.22)

2..(2)..J Crump..Torun..9.73..(9.73)

3..(3)..L Adams..Leszno..9.63..(9.56)

4..(4)..T Gollob..Tarnow..9.51..(9.50)

5..(6)..N Pedersen..Zielona Gora..9.42..(9.42)

6..(5)..P Protasiewicz..Bydgoszcz..9.31..(9.49)

7..(7)..R Holta..Czestochowa..9.08..(9.24)

8..(8)..T Rickardsson..Tarnow..9.00..(9.02)

9..(8)..G Walasek..Czestochowa..8.86..(9.02)

10..(-)..R Sawina..Bydgoszcz..8.47..(-.--)

So, the Aussie trio maintain a stranglehold at the top of the averages and Sawina replaces team mate Jonsson in the top 10.

10..(-)..R Sawina..Bydgoszcz..8.47..(-.--)

wow, I had a feeling before the season started Sawina would comeback in style, but never thought he'd hit the top 10.

Edited by tommy

The fines for the Holta/Kasprzak incident have been rolled out. Unial Leszno managment fined:

-Robert Kosciuch 340GBP for his mechanics actions.

-Jacek Rempala 340GBP for his mechanics actions.

-Kasprzak Team will have to fork out 1400GBP

Yesterday GKSZ (polish speedway governing body) decided to suspend Robert Kasprzak for 6 months.

tom

The fines for the Holta/Kasprzak incident have been rolled out. Unial Leszno managment fined:

-Robert Kosciuch 340GBP for his mechanics actions. 

-Jacek Rempala 340GBP for his mechanics actions.

-Kasprzak Team will have to fork out 1400GBP

Yesterday GKSZ (polish speedway governing body) decided to suspend Robert Kasprzak for 6 months.

tom

Good to see the matter being dealt with so speedily by the Polish authorities. Hopefully lessons learnt by all parties.

Rico :rolleyes:

Wow.

The Polish authorities don't mess about, do they?

A 6-month suspension for R Kasprzak. God alone knows what they'd have handed out to Ferjan if the Eastbourne fiasco had fallen under their jurisdiction.

Edited by Subedei