British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

What about John Davis, Denis Sigalos, John Cowboy Cook, Jim Airey, Kai Neimi, Mitch Babyface Shirra.

What about John Davis, Denis Sigalos, John Cowboy Cook, Jim Airey, Kai Neimi, Mitch Babyface Shirra.

An in-depth interview with Mitch Shirra has already been recorded and will appear in our next issue. I've not received it from our man in Oz yet, but he tells me it's very interesting and lively! Should be another good 'un.

Issue 9 is another great read!

You have already mentioned a request in VSM for the whereabouts of Arne Pander but an article on him would be great. He was virtually unknown when he came to England but made big scores right from the beginning. I remember that after two or three weeks he went home to attend to a family matter and we all thought that was the last we would see of him. But he was back and continued where he had left off. A real star at the time, truly Oxford's first 'Great Dane'. (I've still got some photos of him somewhere in the attic!)

Regards

Hi Tubb,

He was great and was so unfortunate to get the injury at Coventry that interrupted his progress. Touching on threads from other areas on this Forum he also rode important matches with his foot in plaster and his wrist in plaster!

Regards

Brian

Being an old Hackney fan :(

This is true the Raylee is indeed the oldest and probably only Hackney fan out there :lol: ...Bengt Jansson..never How about the one and only Norm 'the storm' Hunter.

Also Garry Hay was a great favourite after his return from Lokeren sadly now confined to a wheelchair

Sir ! I am cut to the quick. You will be hearing from my legal advisers messrs Hoodwink, DeFraud & Scarper (Solicitors, Commissioners for Oaths). And believe me, I uttered a few oaths when I read your post.

It was nice to see Mr Jansson blossom once he went to a decent club.......

See ya Monday for Lakeside v Coventry (to greet our World Cup heroes) and I believe that its your turn to pay for us to get in..........

Any plans for a feature on Cumbrian track BARROW in your defunct tracks feature?? :unsure:

Or Boston ?

No offence to the current set up, but The New Hammondbeck Road days were mostly enjoyable,and successful, and it would be nice to see them back there.

Ian Tiddler Turner

Bengt Larsson

Jim Airey

Kai Neimi

Jerzy Rembas

Robert Craven

Jim McMillan

Henny Kroeze

Briggo - surely worth a page or two, still world class in the early 70's

Nigel Boocock

Bruce Cribb

Bob Kilby

Jim McMillan

Henny Kroeze

Briggo - surely worth a page or two, still world class in the early 70's

Nigel Boocock

Bruce Cribb

Bob Kilby

I believe that Bob Kilby has already been done, Bruce Cribb would be a very good one, Barry Briggs could do a full magazine worth of stories I reckon on him.

said it before but neil mcfarlane and old jimmy beaton would be an interesting read :D

Russ Hodgson, Declan Eccles, Emil Sova, John Jackson & Steve Finch for starters.

Russ Hodgson, i was a big fan of him, to me one off the best reserves Belle Vue ever had, shame he had to partner Geoff Pusey one of the worst.

I'm pretty sure Emil Sova died a few years ago, heart trouble i think ?.

Edited by Shalerash