British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

Hackney 22, Wimbledon 56 (Britiish League) 1979.

A British League RECORD away win

Personally, I would like to see articles on Dennis Sigalos and John Cook - especially I would like to know the full background on why John left the club midseason and what he feels about costing us the 85 cup final as well his other more happier times with the Witches and Hull and either of the Hines brothers (Andy or Mick)

Also Tommy Knudsen, don't recall any interviews with him....

What about Lance King we hear very little about him after speedway. Also the Morans, be nice to see something about the Jellyman and hopefully his recovery after his recent ongoing scare with ill health. Peter Ravn and Peter Carr would also be interesting, i believe the B52 is in the motor trade through a friend of a friend!!Anyway keep up the good work, i thought the Jan O piece was top!!!!

Lance King is contactable but never answers polite emails! Ex pat speedway riders living in Perth say he will never answer as he thinks he is above every one else in the food chain! You are no doubt aware that all these riders are on Facebook, Lance I think lives in Arizona, both Morans are now contactable. Dennis Sigalos does answer emails as does Ron Preston, both could feature, and both are gentlemen!

How about:-

Merv Janke

Chris Turner

Jim Brett

Ian Hindle

Steve Finch

Ian Cartwright

Rob Maxfield

Peter Ravn

i went to the veterans meeting at lydd yesterday and bumped into a very fit looking reg luckhurst. one of my heroes as a kid at west ham and wimbledon. has there been an article on reg. :unsure:

I would still like to see an article on the first 'Great Dane', Arne Pander who came to Oxford as an almost complete unknown but was an overnight success. Tony Mac seems to have great success in tracking down riders, I'm sure he could find Arne.

Regards

Hackney 22, Wimbledon 56 (Britiish League) 1979.

A British League RECORD away win

It can't be, because of:

Swindon 21 Oxford 56 (British League) 1986.

Isn't there an even bigger one somewhere though?

All the best

Rob

It can't be, because of:

Swindon 21 Oxford 56 (British League) 1986.

Isn't there an even bigger one somewhere though?

All the best

Rob

This was a British league record at the time (1979)

How about an article about the speedway badges of the 1970s.

Maybe I would then know what to to look-out for, this could help me find a 1976 Boston badge.

Guest GiveusaB

Phil Herne, Jack Millen, Pete Jarman, Mike Broadbanks, John Jackson, Bruce Forrester, Joe Owen, etc etc etc

Phil Herne, Jack Millen, Pete Jarman, Mike Broadbanks, John Jackson, Bruce Forrester, Joe Owen, etc etc etc

We've already interviewed or done features on most of those.

www.retro-speedway.com

Tony, have you done a feature on Bobby McNeil or Jan Andersson?

Without having ploughed through all 80 back issues contents (which can all be viewed on our website at www.retro-speedway.com)... yes, I think so!